How important to you is it Sergio gets the record?

I would imagine it's important to players just look at Ian Wright breaking Cliff Bastin record and big ears breaking Sir Robert of toutings records.
It would be fitting and I'd be delighted for him.

I'm still pissed off about the disallowed goal at Wembley. With that he would be on 32 for the season and equaling his best tally in a season for City.
Still, 28+ goals in 5 out of his 6 seasons is pretty damn impressive.

a4wvh3.jpg

Couldn't give a f**k, thanks for all the goals, and all the effort, and especially 93:20, but I've supported City long enough, that I know that the worst and best come and go, and the only constant is City.

I long since gave up on hero worship of footballers who are just the employees of the day.
That's the spirit! Fuck 'em, fuck 'em all! (Shakes head)

Like others have said, individual honors are just that, but they wouldn't be possible without the team around the individual, so they're not as meaningful as team honours. That said, regardless of what happens, Sergio will always be regarded as one of the best strikers to ever don the sky blue, or play in the Premier League (even though he has never won fuck all from them for his consistent goals came ring, even when he wins the goal scoring title!), and nothing and no-one can ever take away the sweetest moment in City's last (you decide) years!

Sergio, 93:20, the 1-2 with Balotelli, not going down while being fouled, hitting it as hard as he could from 6 yards out, wheeling away swinging his shirt, being buried under a pile of City players....those memories will never, ever be erased from the memories of every living City fan, and will live in Premier League lore as the most exciting title finish in history.

Couldn't give a f**k, thanks for all the goals, and all the effort, and especially 93:20, but I've supported City long enough, that I know that the worst and best come and go, and the only constant is City.

I long since gave up on hero worship of footballers who are just the employees of the day.
For me this is spot on. People seem to become over emotional to individual players at the expense of the club.

For me this is spot on. People seem to become over emotional to individual players at the expense of the club.
I think differently. Growing up falling in love with the game there were always players who you hero worshipped. Obviously as you get older it's not quite hero worshipping anymore but there's still one or two capable of taking you back who put that smile on your face and pull at your emotions. Yes, they eventually move on and City remain the only constant but I find it hard to understand the point of following football if there aren't individuals who can make you feel like a kid again - even if it's for only 90 minutes a week.

I think differently. Growing up falling in love with the game there were always players who you hero worshipped. Obviously as you get older it's not quite hero worshipping anymore but there's still one or two capable of taking you back who put that smile on your face and pull at your emotions. Yes, they eventually move on and City remain the only constant but I find it hard to understand the point of following football if there aren't individuals who can make you feel like a kid again - even if it's for only 90 minutes a week.

For me seeing Aguero break the record would be phenomenal, football is all about moments and history. Seeing Aguero - the man responsible for one of the greatest moments of my life become the clubs all time leading scorer would be fitting for the best striker I've ever seen in a City shirt.

It would be nice but it's not important to me in the scheme of things which is just as well because I think there's every chance he will be off in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.