Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Whether because of FFP, bad buys or more probably a mixture of the two, we had our foot on the other clubs throats and we didn't go for the kill and allowed them all back into it.

Nobody will ever dominate the PL, and right there is your problem. For that reason, no English team will ever rival Real, Barca, or Bayern, who have it relatively easy at home, which makes europe easier for them, they also have a sympathetic FA, who want them to dominate in europe, so their domestic fixtures are made easier, nobody gets that in England sadly.

yep. there isn't going to be one dominant team anymore, like united under ferguson. with all the money in the game all the top clubs can spend all they want. as you say this thread deserves to be on rawk or red cafe. its arrogant and city fans shouldnt just expect to win things all the time.

I don't understand why some fans are still harping on about Mancini. He did a fantastic job at organising and building the squad but lost the dressing room. He had to go.

Not harping on but the question is 'why haven't we become the super club we should be'. Getting rid of Mancini is a huge reason why. He didn't have to go, he should have been backed by management.

Whether because of FFP, bad buys or more probably a mixture of the two, we had our foot on the other clubs throats and we didn't go for the kill and allowed them all back into it.

I think that with Pellegrini we were looking for stability and a trusted figure who would not end up in th emess that Mancini did. We got that but after he won the title we lost our edge and have struggled to get it back. 2 things have compounded the problem:

Center backs - VK being out for the best part of 2 years and we have failed to fill the gap from when VK and Lescott were a solid pair.

Other transfers - We have not needed many outfield players although we have tried to keep up the competition, however, we still have Yaya, Silva and Aguero on the team sheet every week - we have bought far to many who were just not up to the job.

Some people should just take a break from City. I appreciate it's harder said than done, but if I was half as disaffected by anything which costs me money in the way some people seem to be disaffected by City, I'd fuck it off. And I'd feel like a fucking mug if I carried on shelling out money whilst moaning every week about how unhappy I was with things.

Just a shite piece of Rag apologist's nonsense. So where are United after all those hundred's of millions? 6th in the Prem', that's where.

yep. there isn't going to be one dominant team anymore, like united under ferguson. with all the money in the game all the top clubs can spend all they want. as you say this thread deserves to be on rawk or red cafe. its arrogant and city fans shouldnt just expect to win things all the time.
Yep, bang on – the PL is awash with cash... look at the prize money of the top leagues...

PSG earned €44.6mil
Bayern Munich earned €38.3mil
Barca/Real earned €140mil
Juve earned €91.3mil

whereas Sunderland this season - for finishing rock-bottom, will earn £98mil!!!

PL teams can outspend most of Europe - even mid-table PL teams can outspend even some of the Champions of other leagues! When the Rags and Dippers were lording it over the rest of the league, they did it in an era where they were the only two teams with so much money to spend, now there are 6 or more teams realistically competing for the tops spot, and another 6 below them with massive spending power too!

Some people should just take a break from City. I appreciate it's harder said than done, but if I was half as disaffected by anything which costs me money in the way some people seem to be disaffected by City, I'd fuck it off. And I'd feel like a fucking mug if I carried on shelling out money whilst moaning every week about how unhappy I was with things.

Agree but none goers can still come on here and moan like fcuck about anything and everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.