Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

We are super in my book, best club in the land and all the world in fact.

We need a new chant that pisses the likes of the writer here and all who share his jealous rag sentiments right off:

"We are City City City... Super Massive City!" or something like that.

We have only just started buying quality young players. Sterlin, Leroy, De Bruyne. Prior to these players we have bought the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell and a host of average players. Many who have been farmed out to other clubs across Europe, and will probably never wear a first team shirt. Money has been wasted and spread too thinly across many poor and pointless buys. Bony alone was rumoured to have cost us in the region of £25mill+. He was never ever going to be that striker that took us to the next level alongside Serg.

The full back situation should have been sorted out a long time ago. Instead we have laboured with Kolorav, Clichy, Sagna, and Zab.(love Zab) We have stuck with these 4 ageing and mistaken prone full backs for the last few seasons, which has ultimately cost us on numerous occasions. Thankfully we now seem to be sorting our full back situation out. If Kolorav and Clichy are offered new contracts I will scream!

We need to stop wasting more on average players, and players we buy only to farm out straightaway in the hope they will make the grade elsewhere before bringing them back. Whatever happened to that Ukranian winger we bought this season?(1 example) We need to start buying the Sanchez's of this World. Hopefully he will join us. We need to spend big money on big players, rather than wasting it on players that might come good after a few seasons at another club.

To be the best, and to beat the best, we have to have the best players. Even if that means 3 or 4 players for £150mill-£200mill. I appreciate getting them isn't easy, and there is always competiton from other big clubs. But buying stop gaps, make do's, average players, isn't going to win us trophies.

And our transfer and scouting department needs to up their game. Wasting upwards of £60mill+ only the likes of Bony and Mangala is unforgiveable. Not to mention all the other poor buys.

Hopefully this Summer we will buy the right players we need to sustain a real title challange and a proper Champions League run?

I agree with the early part of your post and was delighted to see the likes of Sterling, Stones, Sane and Jesus signed. They could be the core of our future exciting team.

And yes, we need to be in for the Sanchezes of this world.

Where we differ is on the acquisition of players to be "farmed out" as you term it. Who's to say one of Unal, Roberts, Moreno and Zinchenko won't make it big with us? Even if they don't, it was worth the risk IMO and we probably won't lose out on their fees.

We shouldn't be looking exclusively for ready-made stars, but rather a balance. Regardless of how long he stays, our manager clearly does have one eye on the longer run.

Some people should just take a break from City. I appreciate it's harder said than done, but if I was half as disaffected by anything which costs me money in the way some people seem to be disaffected by City, I'd fuck it off. And I'd feel like a fucking mug if I carried on shelling out money whilst moaning every week about how unhappy I was with things.

Some of this lot moan even when everything's going well. It's built into their personality, not just with football but in every day life as well.

Many are only able to critisise rather than analyse. If something is going wrong they can shout about it but they don't necessarily understand why something is going wrong or how it could be fixed.

We are super in my book, best club in the land and all the world in fact.

We need a new chant that pisses the likes of the writer here and all who share his jealous rag sentiments right off:

"We are City City City... Super Massive City!" or something like that.
We are not a super club
City is a fucking super duper club

Some people should just take a break from City. I appreciate it's harder said than done, but if I was half as disaffected by anything which costs me money in the way some people seem to be disaffected by City, I'd fuck it off. And I'd feel like a fucking mug if I carried on shelling out money whilst moaning every week about how unhappy I was with things.
CTID for me and most I hope. You don't give up on something just because it makes you unhappy at times. if we did that we wouldn't have a club and you can thank all the die-hard blues who went through relegations, and days like Shrewsbury and Halidax Town for moments like Aguero, but I feel pretty sure that it meant a lot more to us than it did to you.

To be a "superclub" you would have to be successful in the Champions League in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the seeding and coefficient systems have been devised specifically to prevent the established "superclubs", clubs that established their status in a smaller knockout competition, being eliminated early on thus perpetuating their status.

Consequently, it will be a very long time indeed before any other club can break into that group. Not impossible but very difficult.

....plus undermining Bobby.

Back him with 3 or 4 of his picks after 93-20 & we'd have cleaned up imo.

Shameful.

Make that 7 or 8 to replace those that would have demanded a move if he had of stayed.

Bob did great and was a huge part of our history but his race had been run and thankfully, your mate realised that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.