The Boxing thread

I like Brook too have a lot of time for him. Saying that Errol Spence Jnr looks the real deal for me. I honestly think he can be 1 of the pound 4 pound best guys fighting out there. This is a huge fight for Brook. I dont know if he is finding it hard to make his weight or not but he will be tested big time and I just get the feeling were going to see something special during the fight and Kells big night ending in a bad bad way.

i thought that when he fought in america.

I actually believed he lost on points until he was announced the NEWWWWW

He won the same way Lee Selby did against Simion which was a UD (Simion has lost twice in his career now), looking at both fighters after wards try telling me who came off worse Quigg or Simion??

Scott Quigg won the latter rounds in that Frampton fight, but was slow to start. Perhaps a different trainer would of instilled confidence in him on the get go. Fact he fought on with a fractured jaw.

I know Scott's family, and get tickets off his brother (who was the better boxer out of the 2) and trust me under Hatton he never got anywhere, and since the Frampton fight he has barely heard off Matchroom.

3 best managed fighters on Matchroom are Crolla, AJ and Kell Brook.

IF you know the family so be it. I still think Quigg is all heart go forward type of fighter when he gets tagged he has no plan b or c. The Frampton fight showcased his heart as Carl broke his jaw. Regarding Matchroom Hearn has always been that way with fighters your flavour of the month then he forgets about them. Look at Frampton always a huge big ticket seller over in Belfast Hearn had him and wasnt looking after him. Moved with McGugian and Cyclone Promotions and Hearn at the time was all over Quigg he let Frampton go at the wrong time as Framptons went up and up and up. Fighting in the US boxing all over the place for 2 years making good money too. His link up with Al Haymon has paid off. No wonder Lee Selby has split with Hearn he should of been the face of Welsh boxing under Eddie Hearn if it was his dad running it still Selby and Frampton would be still Matchroom fighters earning him big money.
With Hearn at times you got to be the flavour of the month and putting on the big shows and getting fans on the seats. Sadly for Quigg he has failed to do that on his own as the headline act. Apart from maybe the Frampton fight which was bulit up for years he wouldnt be a huge ticket seller same as Selby over poor promotions by Hearn. Thats why Quigg is supporting AJ in his fights. Look around the UK and the fighters out there. All the Liverpool fighters Bellew sells as he is a loud mouth. The Smiths sell well too its a hot bed of boxing. The Yafais in Birmingham will do well both well sell out big shows there. Even up in Scotland you could see when you got Ricky Burns , Manchester you got Crolla , Sheffield you got Brook , London you got AJ. Now we got a few new faces who if promoted well will open up other locations. IF Ryan Burnett wins the world title you can add Belfast to that list. Also down in Dublin Katie Taylor will sell out the 3 arena whenever she fights over here. So he has places were he can get fighters in and some places where he has lost out.

IF you know the family so be it. I still think Quigg is all heart go forward type of fighter when he gets tagged he has no plan b or c. The Frampton fight showcased his heart as Carl broke his jaw. Regarding Matchroom Hearn has always been that way with fighters your flavour of the month then he forgets about them. Look at Frampton always a huge big ticket seller over in Belfast Hearn had him and wasnt looking after him. Moved with McGugian and Cyclone Promotions and Hearn at the time was all over Quigg he let Frampton go at the wrong time as Framptons went up and up and up. Fighting in the US boxing all over the place for 2 years making good money too. His link up with Al Haymon has paid off. No wonder Lee Selby has split with Hearn he should of been the face of Welsh boxing under Eddie Hearn if it was his dad running it still Selby and Frampton would be still Matchroom fighters earning him big money.
With Hearn at times you got to be the flavour of the month and putting on the big shows and getting fans on the seats. Sadly for Quigg he has failed to do that on his own as the headline act. Apart from maybe the Frampton fight which was bulit up for years he wouldnt be a huge ticket seller same as Selby over poor promotions by Hearn. Thats why Quigg is supporting AJ in his fights. Look around the UK and the fighters out there. All the Liverpool fighters Bellew sells as he is a loud mouth. The Smiths sell well too its a hot bed of boxing. The Yafais in Birmingham will do well both well sell out big shows there. Even up in Scotland you could see when you got Ricky Burns , Manchester you got Crolla , Sheffield you got Brook , London you got AJ. Now we got a few new faces who if promoted well will open up other locations. IF Ryan Burnett wins the world title you can add Belfast to that list. Also down in Dublin Katie Taylor will sell out the 3 arena whenever she fights over here. So he has places were he can get fighters in and some places where he has lost out.

people seem to forget Scott for many a year had around 500 - 1000 crowds around the northwest. That's changed slightly, but with the amount of local boxers we have its hard to get the fan base Ricky Hatton of Frampton had/have.

Look at Terry Flanagan, struggles to sell tickets and would do under matchroom aswell.

Ant Crolla, only since his attack on him has he started getting the fans following him, again was always a salford hardcore following him.

Crolla/Quigg show in Manchester the other year, Crolla fought Murray, the arena was barely full and loads of trouble.

Tyson Fury is another poor ticket seller, although he'd do a lot more under Matchroom.

Bad thing for Scott was before that Frampton fight he had fights in America lined up IF he beat Frampton.

Still a 2nd match lined up for the pair of them, but if that happens it will be at a different weight and in Belfast.

people seem to forget Scott for many a year had around 500 - 1000 crowds around the northwest. That's changed slightly, but with the amount of local boxers we have its hard to get the fan base Ricky Hatton of Frampton had/have.

Look at Terry Flanagan, struggles to sell tickets and would do under matchroom aswell.

Ant Crolla, only since his attack on him has he started getting the fans following him, again was always a salford hardcore following him.

Crolla/Quigg show in Manchester the other year, Crolla fought Murray, the arena was barely full and loads of trouble.

Tyson Fury is another poor ticket seller, although he'd do a lot more under Matchroom.

Bad thing for Scott was before that Frampton fight he had fights in America lined up IF he beat Frampton.

Still a 2nd match lined up for the pair of them, but if that happens it will be at a different weight and in Belfast.

Yeah the rematch with Quigg and Frampton might not happen. Carl won in Manchester and he is more so chasing the LSC fight again. Also he wants to fight Lee Selby that was his next fight before the rematch with LSC. Thats boxing for you. It can all change after 1 bad night. Honestly feel Quigg with Freddie Roach might be the wrong gym. Roach has a lot of fighters out there all trying to impress he could get lost out there. In a daft way always felt if he was to move out of Gallachers gym he would of ended up with a more technical trainer locally so a Adam Booth type or Rob McCracken may of been better suited and given him more time.

Yeah the rematch with Quigg and Frampton might not happen. Carl won in Manchester and he is more so chasing the LSC fight again. Also he wants to fight Lee Selby that was his next fight before the rematch with LSC. Thats boxing for you. It can all change after 1 bad night. Honestly feel Quigg with Freddie Roach might be the wrong gym. Roach has a lot of fighters out there all trying to impress he could get lost out there. In a daft way always felt if he was to move out of Gallachers gym he would of ended up with a more technical trainer locally so a Adam Booth type or Rob McCracken may of been better suited and given him more time.

dont see him with freddie for long. i agree needs a uk based trainer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.