What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

It was all about Identity, you could neigh on tell just by what someone was wearing who they supported
Ok, so Hoolies would wear £100 trainers to identify themselves as say being a Blue, or a Rag? Lol...

Just wear a £1 bracelet or something lol.

If I'm having a scrap, I ain't getting my ass whooped wearing over a grands wear of clothing... Unless this was the motivation not to get beat up? Haha.

Bloody Ego's eh...

Watching an Hoolie film such as I.D
Which though filmed in 1994,it focuses on the 1980's and there doesn't seem to be any specific fashion trends in this, unless it was badly researched?

Whereas the more Hollywood Hoolie films in recent years, seems one big advertisement for clothing brands.

Ok, so Hoolies would wear £100 trainers to identify themselves as say being a Blue, or a Rag? Lol...

Just wear a £1 bracelet or something lol.

If I'm having a scrap, I ain't getting my ass whooped wearing over a grands wear of clothing... Unless this was the motivation not to get beat up? Haha.

Bloody Ego's eh...

Watching an Hoolie film such as I.D
Which though filmed in 1994,it focuses on the 1980's and there doesn't seem to be any specific fashion trends in this, unless it was badly researched?

Whereas the more Hollywood Hoolie films in recent years, seems one big advertisement for clothing brands.
It's all about getting one over on the other firm though isn't it... We're tougher than you, we were better clothes than you etc.

Nowadays City's crowd is filled with Orange replica shirts and so on. I just tend to go in a black jacket.

Pink Final is right though, before the foreign tennis wear was the stuff to be seen in, it was American football shirt, which we called teabag shirts because of the perforation on them. Slazenger jumpers, bubble coats and those Roxy leather jackets.
Adidas kick were the first trainers to been seen on a wide scale for us kids. Then Kickers, or Pods if you couldn't quite afford them.
They were baseball shirts ( probably due to the film warriors ). Think they gave the roller skates a miss though , too much like hard work navigating the Kippax with them on

In the 1980s it went full circle, started off with 1970s style flairs, then drain pipe jeans and ended up with baggies. It is too long a time frame, and those obsessed with paying 5 times the worth of a clothing item for a crap label still do it. Middle aged bald chavs with stone island is the worst look (take note Pep).

You won't catch me at a game with that pathetic looking stone island half on half hanging off badge ,
Or a Burberry cap it just screams WANNABE A TOP BOY TO ME
I bet half that wear that gear have never had a good scrap.

Seem to remember lots of Perrys wearing this too. Saint Etienne shirt.

st-saint-etienne-1979-80-super-tele_360_652023ed779808ce87cc88fa039c757f.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.