What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

Seem to remember lots of Perrys wearing this too. Saint Etienne shirt.

st-saint-etienne-1979-80-super-tele_360_652023ed779808ce87cc88fa039c757f.jpg
Bang on . Gansgear in arndale used to flog these . Along with the Ajax kit by le coq sportif

Gansgear I remember it , red bag. Quite a small shop, nowhere near as big as MC Sports.

I once got followed all the way from a shop in the Arndale all the way to near Woolworths by two geezers who'd seen me buy some Tacchini bottoms. I wasn't having it but I did hear of people getting mugged for clothes. 'Taxing'.

Were the perry boys just a Manchester thing? Did they have groups of supporters of both mancunian clubs or did they tend to follow one?

You won't catch me at a game with that pathetic looking stone island half on half hanging off badge ,
Or a Burberry cap it just screams WANNABE A TOP BOY TO ME
I bet half that wear that gear have never had a good scrap.
Same bud.
All the local scrotes around here who are typical layabouts, have rinsed those brands to such an extent that when I see someone, even our Pep, wearing stone island, I still think "Jeremy Kyle guest"
And it's a shame as some of the gear does look decent (when it isn't Fake sewn on badged shite from Cheetham Hill)

Wouldn't rock that look if you paid me.
I have a pair of Adidas sambas which fall into the Chav Catergory, but that's about it.

Steelies are worn at the match.
Fuck you Rag bastards :)

Got a wardrobe of Lois cords still - well I am in me forties!
Diadora Borg Elites, Australian with the kangaroo logo, roll necks, pony trainers etc.
Trips to Hurley's but as I was in Midlands Went to nick nacks in Soho - all plain bags in case of taxing also Lillywhites of London was a top sports shop with floors of stuff sold out to f*kin Sports Direct !
Those were the days ...

Nick Nacks in Soho - used to get my Lois Cords form there (burgundy and sky blue) and also bought my first Giorgio Armani jumper from there.

I'm afraid to say that replica shirts were never worn by the fashion conscious on the terraces.

That's not quite what I'm asking. When were replica shirts mass produced and worn by fans for the first time? Never really spotted it in old videos.

Some Clone Island boy with a Cheshire squeal once tried kicking off with me in Mary D's after intervening in a jokey argument I was having with a female friend. He didn't like being told where to go by someone in an old Kappa top but soon backed away. Something to keep quiet when he's on the piss in Cheadle. They're wankers.

I wear Adidas trainers purely because they're comfortable and good quality. I have a pair of Forest Hills I cherish alongside Gazelles. It's always the colour schemes. I'll be wearing green whilst in Serbia with Wales next weekend. I think they make the best trainers.

Transalpino in Liverpool sell some good pairs. Rare finds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.