Girona FC (partnership)

This has to be right. I fully expect, however, that our owners are well ahead of Gill & Co in their thinking. Especially after the shenanigans around FFP.

Three areas Gill must be plotting over right now are 1) group structures, tightening up the rules on inter-group transactions, 2) inter-club loans, probably limiting numbers a club can have out on loan at any given time and 3) academies, limiting numbers and incentives.

We've already fallen foul of number 3 but, and herein lies Gill's problem, so have Liverpool. He won't get support from Chelsea for number 2 and i'm not sure how much support he'd get for number 1from continental teams.

He must be tearing his hair out.

He can suggest changing Uefa ruling and he will get support from the other European clubs

He can suggest changing Uefa ruling and he will get support from the other European clubs

He can indeed. I'm not so sure he'll get it as readily as 10 years ago, for example. Two reasons, 1) the rags are not the dominant powerhouse they were and 2) City aren't the outsiders they were. I'm not saying we're popular, just that, since the ousting of Platini, outside the UK I don't sense the venom we're subject to over here. Maybe wishful thinking on my part. We'll see.

Have managed to figure out the current structure of Girona FC. They have 2 reserve teams: CF Peralada and Girona FC B.
So, buying Girona basically means getting 3 (!!!) Spanish teams that can move youth players between them:
- Girona FC (La Liga, 1st div)
- CF Peralada (Segunda B, 3rd div if they win promotion tonight)
- Girona FC B (Primera Catalana, 5th div)

CF Peralada's game will be shown on eSport3, the links are easy to find if anyone is bored with Confederations Cup.

Last edited:
Speaking of Red Bull Leipzig there's a documentary on BT Sports 1 at the minute, only just tuned in but can already see the similarities to CFG, hope Red Bull don't try and buy a team in the PL.

Edit: Looks I missed most of that, 15mins long might have a to try and catch that again.

Speaking of Red Bull Leipzig there's a documentary on BT Sports 1 at the minute, only just tuned in but can already see the similarities to CFG, hope Red Bull don't try and buy a team in the PL.

There was talk about them buying Leeds a few months ago.

The FA will never pass a club like Leeds to be renamed though.

There was talk about them buying Leeds a few months ago.

The FA will never pass a club like Leeds to be renamed though.
Can you imagine a Leeds with buying power challenging for the title and competing for players?... *shudders* :)

Can you imagine a Leeds with buying power challenging for the title and competing for players?... *shudders* :)

Red Bull don't go all out on signings though.

Their policy is a bit like Monaco in that they look to buy the best young talent in Europe in order to develop them.

Hence why they have been hovering around Jadon Sancho.

Girona's reserve team CF Peralada failed in the final game for promotion from 4th to 3rd division last night.

Edit: Looks I missed most of that, 15mins long might have a to try and catch that again.

I hope Red Bull buy the Rags and change their name to Manchester Red Bulls - that would be priceless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.