Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether we sign him or not, we have the best attack in the league, I'd take Aguero and/or Jesus over any other striker possibly bar Kane, look at United, Lingard and Mikhytaryan would struggle to get on our bench and so would Rashford, the depth we have is unreal and even sweeter when Lukaku and Morata individually may go for more than Sergio and Gabriel combined (!)

Imagine Arsenal selling Sanchez then being out of the top six around Christmas there would be Outrage asking for Kroenke and wenger to be sacked personally i think Sanchez will stay.

Imagine arsenal keeping him and being out of the top 6 at Xmas then him announcing that he's leaving on a free for city in the Summer!!

Imagine Arsenal selling Sanchez then being out of the top six around Christmas there would be Outrage asking for Kroenke and wenger to be sacked personally i think Sanchez will stay.
Personally, I still think if he won't sign a new contract that they will sell. If he chooses to sign a new contract which I suppose isn't impossible if the numbers being mentioned are correct, then obviously that changes everything. But I find it difficult to believe that kroenke would happily lose 50m+ just to avoid a bit of grief from supporters. He seems pretty immune to the mood of the fans to me.

1. Aguero (ST)
  2. G.Jesus (ST, WF)
  3. Sanchez (WF, ST)
  4. Sane (WF)
  5. Sterling (WF)
  6. Bernardo (CM/WF)
  7. Silva (CM)
  8. De Bruyne (CM)
Seems alot but it'd be for 5 positions. There's literally no filler there and that's what you need to compete for PL and CL, esp. for a PL team given the number of competitions and the intensity of the league. Real and Bayern have that kind of depth and their domestic football is less demanding.

Much would depend on whether we're home or away eg. Bernardo may be better than Sane out wide vs a parked bus but Sane more effective away. Aguero, G.Jesus and Sanchez would probably rotate between them for 2 positions as the main goalscoring threats most of the time.

You'd assume Sterling loses out on minutes more than anyone.

Having 3 of those 8 on the bench most weeks would restore out attacking options of a few years ago. We used to have likes of Dzeko, Negredo, Tevez, Balotelli (when he was pretty good) on the bench. Recently we've had Navas, Nolito and Iheanacho. Sad!

...I'm not that confident of getting Sanchez this summer. We do need another goalscoring wide forward in the squad tho so will be interesting what we do if you really do refuse to sell. Patrick Roberts has the opportunity to make his case in a couple of weeks...

Sanchez is absolutely world class but completely loses his sharpness if he doesnt play every minute of every game, you wont see the world class Sanchez if you rotate him, any time he sits a couple of weeks out he needs a couple of weeks to get back in the swing of things. Doesnt take kindly to getting subbed either, or if anyone misplaces a pass to him. Apart from that, he can win a game on his own.

Sanchez is absolutely world class but completely loses his sharpness if he doesnt play every minute of every game, you wont see the world class Sanchez if you rotate him, any time he sits a couple of weeks out he needs a couple of weeks to get back in the swing of things. Doesnt take kindly to getting subbed either, or if anyone misplaces a pass to him. Apart from that, he can win a game on his own.

Uhh since when? He's not sat out a couple of weeks for 3 years at Arsenal.

His reactions to his teammates fucking up is something that's built up as his Arsenal teammates let him down time after time, year on year. At Barcelona when he was surrounded by players of the same quality he was much more restrained, and although he occasionally got grumpy at being substituted, had no problem getting rotated under Guardiola.

I honestly feel it's only about time we'll offload Nolito and free up the number 9 for Sanchez and who'll then come to us happily.

Uhh since when? He's not sat out a couple of weeks for 3 years at Arsenal.

His reactions to his teammates fucking up is something that's built up as his Arsenal teammates let him down time after time, year on year. At Barcelona when he was surrounded by players of the same quality he was much more restrained, and although he occasionally got grumpy at being substituted, had no problem getting rotated under Guardiola.

He moans at his Chile team mates non stop and they've won the last 2 copas.
As for rotation at Barca, why do you think he came to Arsenal, to play every week.

When he's on fire he's unstoppable, but there are games when nothing comes off for him, always on the back of getting a rest, which is why in the end we were playing him against Sutton and Lincoln, we had no other choice if we wanted to get the best out of him.

He moans at his Chile team mates non stop and they've won the last 2 copas.
As for rotation at Barca, why do you think he came to Arsenal, to play every week.

When he's on fire he's unstoppable, but there are games when nothing comes off for him, always on the back of getting a rest, which is why in the end we were playing him against Sutton and Lincoln, we had no other choice if we wanted to get the best out of him.

So what I'm seeing there is absolutely no evidence that he loses form if rotated.

He was rested 4 times last season:

vs. PNE in the FA Cup. Next game he scored.

vs. Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup. Next game he scored & assisted in a 3-0 win away to Chelsea.

vs. Reading in the EFL Cup. Next game he scored twice.

vs. Southampton in the EFL Cup. Next game he scored a hattrick & got an assist in a 5-1 win at West Ham.

Every time he's rested he delivers. 3 of those games after being rested he was MOTM as far as I can work out.

His Chile teammates are mostly very average players and the superhuman efforts of Vidal and Sanchez pull those poor players up to level. The fact he treats his Arsenal teammates like his compatriots, and not like the Barcelona teammates speaks volumes about where he thinks Arsenal are.

And if he didn't want to be rotated he wouldn't be pursuing a move away from Arsenal. He knows Guardiola will rotate him, and even if he went to Bayern he'd be heavily rotated when Lewandowski, Robben & Ribery were fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.