Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Had a rep in our shop today and he was talking about city etc and how they had done wonders for the community and Manchester as a whole. Talked about the etihad etc and out of the blue he said that city had just bought the land where the asda store across the road is? I said that rumour has been floating round for a while but he said that a manager there told last week that it was all finally sorted and they would be relocating

Now you've done it. Get your tin hat on! Thanks for the update ftw

Now you've done it. Get your tin hat on! Thanks for the update ftw

haha! I was just more surprised as he blurted it out that because he lives Manchester way he had stopped in to asda and knew a couple of managers in there and they said now the store was being located as city had finally bought the land and sorted out a re-location package. this guys isn't into football at all and he actually just brought the subject up and said there were big plans for that land and city had finally got it.

I am going to make a bold prediction - Asda will eventually be part of our expanded training ground.

We need an 'ASDA relocation rumour' day like they have Australia Day.
I'll be at the start of the parade and wave drab handmade pizzas whilst patting my right arse cheek.
Still...it keeps this thread a float.

Bit of an update - apparently crew and alsager university closing talks currently on long re a merger with mms and plans for a sports campus to rival anything America has. I can't quite picture that but imagine the impact of 10000 sports mad students living around there and extending the city centre naturally towards the etihad via a young population and better transport. Add to that new residential homes, offices, commercial space. That is the plan. 100 percent.

Bit of an update - apparently crew and alsager university closing talks currently on long re a merger with mms and plans for a sports campus to rival anything America has. I can't quite picture that but imagine the impact of 10000 sports mad students living around there and extending the city centre naturally towards the etihad via a young population and better transport. Add to that new residential homes, offices, commercial space. That is the plan. 100 percent.

so its going to be like fallowfield then ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.