Ryan Bertrand

Even @tolmie's hairdoo said it was mendy and Bertrand mate. 4 new fullbacks was the plan walker and laces for right side and mendy and Bertrand left side

I think we need to get over the ITK bollocks. What club in world football has two world class right/left fullbacks or even two PL class fullbacks.

The reason we alternated Kolarov and Clichy is that there was no pecking order. They were both shit. Ditto at RB recently with Pablo's legs having gone.

What in my view is most likely is

One top quality player on both sides with Dinho and Kolarov as back ups.

We are going to end up getting caught up spending a fortune on 4 fullbacks when we also need to be looking at replacements for Navas, Nolito, Delph and Fernando too.

I don't know why we dont look at some promising young fulllbacks available under £20m such as Henrichs.

Or even a South American talent.

Sun back page: Bertrand

DEkJSBEXkAEyIoO.jpg

I think we need to get over the ITK bollocks. What club in world football has two world class right/left fullbacks or even two PL class fullbacks.

The reason we alternated Kolarov and Clichy is that there was no pecking order. They were both shit. Ditto at RB recently with Pablo's legs having gone.

What in my view is most likely is

One top quality player on both sides with Dinho and Kolarov as back ups.
Agreed & right now I'd be very happy with that .

Say Mendy is £40m, would we really spend £70m on two left backs. Then £50m on Walker and potentially another £30m on a back up.

Not sure, but its where our money should be going. I think if we bring in 3-4 good full backs (fern could cover RB) then I will be happy with this transfer window. A centre back would be good as well. As much as it would be great to get Sanchez, he would be a luxury, as we already have 2 great forwards, plus nacho to cover.

Why not? We need them.

I think we can look for better value whilst still maintaining quality.

If we spend £150m on fullbacks we can forget about Sanchez and replacements for Nolito, Delph, Kelechi and Fernando.

Sterling and Sane will have nobody who can rotate with.

30m seems an ok price tbh, especially with prices being what they are for england internationals.
I don't rate him bit he's better than what we've got. Better than what we had last season as well.

£50m for Walker seems resonable as well based on current transfer mkt.

Not sure, but its where our money should be going. I think if we bring in 3-4 good full backs (fern could cover RB) then I will be happy with this transfer window. A centre back would be good as well. As much as it would be great to get Sanchez, he would be a luxury, as we already have 2 great forwards, plus nacho to cover.

Nacho is off mate.

Nolito is also likely to leave meaning Sane and Sterling will have nobody to really rotate with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.