Ryan Bertrand

My opinion, for what it's worth (and I'm a bit pissed), is that Bertrand wou.ld be a great signing. Thought him and Sterling linked up really well in the recent international against France. to further that point, I was also quite impressed with him whenever I saw him play for Saints last season.

What I'm trying to say is that I think he's a good, solid player and if the best coach in the world also sees that, then the best coach in the world will also feel confident in making him a great player, playing in a system that could possibly see him thrive.

As I said, just in my pissed up opinion

Jesus ... Bernardo...
Bernardo isn't a winger.

The only way he could replace Sterling or Sané would be if we decided to completely change our way of play and not attack primarily through creating 1v1's for the wingers.

It won't happen, or not often at least, probably about as much as KDB playing on the wing last season which was 2 or 3 games.

Bernardo isn't a winger.

The only way he could replace Sterling or Sané would be if we decided to completely change our way of play and not attack primarily through creating 1v1's for the wingers.

It won't happen, or not often at least, probably about as much as KDB playing on the wing last season which was 2 or 3 games.
Stopped reading at "he isn't a winger". Honestly do some research before you decide to comment on a player you obviously know nothing about.

Stopped reading at "he isn't a winger". Honestly do some research before you decide to comment on a player you obviously know nothing about.

You're absolutely clueless if you think he's a winger. He's as much a winger as Silva and Nasri were in Pellegrini's 4222.

Playing wide doesn't make you a winger, and Bernardo Silva is not a suitable substitute for Sterling or Sané, he's a #10 put on the wing who comes inside at every single opportunity, the exact opposite of wing play, and the exact opposite of what Guardiola wants from his wingers.

Last edited:
If it means fitting Jesus and Aguero into the same side, I think we've found Guardiola is perfectly ready to drop his double-winger approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.