Full Backs?

I wanted Semedo as our starting RB. I thought he was the best young fullback I had seen since Dani Alves. I have said it many times. But now that we signed Walker (a very good player in his own right) I didn't think we'd be going for Semedo any longer.

As for Denayer, I don't think Pep would give him the opportunity at RB. I wish I was wrong. But he'd need to go succeed somewhere else to get a fair chance here :(

We would definitely have scouted Semedo and no ones more likely to see the next Dani Alves than Pep, the guy who forced Barca to pay the €30m for a RB when everyone else (Juve,Liverpool,Chelsea) thought it was far too much for him.

I think this, like defensive midfield, is an areas where you just hope Pep knows best.

I think Denayer all be he rough at the position (and more moldable given his age and arguably hungry to prove himself) is a better option than Fernandinho who is our only quality defense first DM. I like Maffeo as well and think since we are talking back up RB our money could be spent elsewhere. I realize it isnt ideal but neither is spending well over the odds for a position not exactly bursting with options in the current market. If Ferns is the go to backup, we need to spend on DM. Denayer in the squad also offers CB experience of course.

In the not too distant I hope we cover issues like this from the academy; a lot easier than trying to keep bigger name players happy as back ups. You never know, the speeding up of the Walker deal MAY have been because Walker didn't like the idea of rotation with Danny Alves

I hadn't thought of that its a possibility, though also might have just sealed our willingness to pay a lot closer to Spurs asking price.

I agree and I've said in a previous post the Alves signing would've been ideal (if Walker would've been happy to rotate more). It would've allowed Maffeo another 1-2 seasons at Girona, having already impressed, seeing how he preforms now there will be a step up in level and facing the likes Real, Althleti and Barca. Hope he does this regardless, but I do think that we need 2 top RB's because its a physically demanding position and both fullback positions have been neglected over the past few years.

Sergie Aurier has been left off PSG squad. We should put in a 15 mil bid. Lockdown RB for keeps

Chelsea face competition from Manchester City for Real Madrid right-back Danilo - who is valued at €25m. [@DuncanCastles]

Not sure we're looking for an additional full back after Mendy and Bertrand. My guess is Walker will start most games and we'll be playing with three at the back more often this season so we don't need another right-back beyond Fernandinho and/or Maffeo as cover. Walker is not injury prone, but in the event he does get injured we'll probably revert to a back three.

Not really the sort of person you'd want as a backup rightback. Utter cockwomble by all accounts
a lot goes on in france that does not here and should not be held against him, His move to france has been a disaster with Di Maria blocking his forward runs and Meunier being bigger better defensively and a better crosser he is totally redundant, but he could suit Pep

a lot goes on in france that does not here and should not be held against him, His move to france has been a disaster with Di Maria blocking his forward runs and Meunier being bigger better defensively and a better crosser he is totally redundant, but he could suit Pep
Releasing videos insulting you teammates and making homophobic slurs against your manager seems like the sort of thing I absolute should hold against him, no idea why being in France would work as a defence for that? If not being in the team makes you an utter twat, being a backup right back probably isn't the job for you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.