Full Backs?

We don't HAVE to fill out our quota. The quota will fill itself in in the coming years (Maffeo, Angelino, Deneyar, Gunn, Roberts, Nacho, Garcia,Tosin, Diaz....). In the past the problem has been we don't have enough Brits AND we don't have kids good enough for the first team meaning we had smaller than desired squads. With plenty of U21s now ready for the first team we will have no problem filling out a 25 man squad. So...no need for British players. It was a problem. It no longer is.
I know, I'm not worried about homegrown quotas.
I'm coming at it from the other way we can't go over 17 non homegrown, my point was if we bring 6 players in, and I think we will, unless we sell somebody else, other than the out of contracts.,which is possible. At least one of the 6 will need to be homegrown, or else we will have 18 non homegrown.

I know, I'm not worried about homegrown quotas.
I'm coming at it from the other way we can't go over 17 non homegrown, my point was if we bring 6 players in, and I think we will, unless we sell somebody else, other than the out of contracts.,which is possible. At least one of the 6 will need to be homegrown, or else we will have 18 non homegrown.

Gotcha...I follow ya. I expect their will be sales in addition to the out of contracts. I think we can assume Sterling, Stones, and Delph (probably) stay...so you only have one slot to play with unless we go for a Trippier or Schmeical type.

So you admit we don't NEED British players. You WANT British players (probably because you are a Brit?). Two very different things.

alright xD maybe i should have put want.......... and yea I'm a brit ( cheadle hulme), imo most city fans want some british players in this team, specifically ones from our academy. for example if angus gunn was given a chance, most would get behind him. and it would give the fans a player connection. like we have with hart. just my opinion of course.

alright xD maybe i should have put want.......... and yea I'm a brit ( cheadle hulme), imo most city fans want some british players in this team, specifically ones from our academy. for example if angus gunn was given a chance, most would get behind him. and it would give the fans a player connection. like we have with hart. just my opinion of course.

Oh I get it. If I was a Brit I expect I would feel the same. It is all perspective. I only care about who "qualifies" as a Brit. So in that sense I think that is where City fans find common ground. We all want our academy products to succeed. I personally don't care where they were born though as long as they joined three years before they turn 21.

Oh I get it. If I was a Brit I expect I would feel the same. It is all perspective. I only care about who "qualifies" as a Brit. So in that sense I think that is where City fans find common ground. We all want our academy products to succeed. I personally don't care where they were born though as long as they joined three years before they turn 21.

fair enough mate. and yea its all about perspective. i suppose i dont really care as long as they are good enough, maffeo a great example of that. but id love to see some mancunians in the side. having a player that represents manchester and our fans would be the dream imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.