Inigo Martinez

Ive seen nothing myself hence why,given you would prefer an alternative,i was asking for your thinking and reasoning for such.

The main concern for most,it would appear,is his height.
He also just flies in on tackles from what I've seen. Nico like in that way.

Would seem a good move....around £27mil for a guy that is happy to be 4th CB but solid enough to step in for long periods to cover for injury. This move would make a lot of sense. Martinez would know he's coming in as backup for Kompany/Stones so I have no issue with this. Kolarov gone and Mangala clearly isnt a "pep" guy, so this would be a good move.....

Ok,after a bit of digging.....it would appear to me that this kid,given he's also a competent fullback,makes perfect sense as our left sided option.While 'only' 5'11,he looks athletic and strong in physique and he plays with a style similar to Puyol,apparently.

At 27m,that skill set isn't an easy find.

Oh,and,if this comes off......credit to @BillyShears for suggesting,via twitter,some time back that he was 'on the list' ;-)

Who is Madrid's 4th CB? Chelsea's, Barca's, Tottenham, Juve, PSG, Bayern, Dotmund, Roma?

I think Mangala matches up favorably

I'm not so sure we are so far off?

Don't get me wrong, I like. Inigo Martinez. And if he is available, would rather have him.

It's a different debate this, but any CB we buy shouldn't be 4th choice.

Kompany is rarely fit and both Ota and John have inconsistencies.

We should be looking for someone to replace Kompany imo.

We need a centre half. I think there are better options out there but we obviously want to spend as little as possible given we're expecting to spend big on Sanchez or Mbappe.

£27m can hardly be seen as a small amount of money.

It's a different debate this, but any CB we buy shouldn't be 4th choice.

Kompany is rarely fit and both Ota and John have inconsistencies.

We should be looking for someone to replace Kompany imo.
If we're buying him, I'm not sure he's going to be '4th choice CB' as the majority here is suggesting. IMO he isn't any worse than Stones and Ota, would compete with Otamendi for a spot in the starting 11.

Gonna have to trust the scouting team on this one.

Had reservations about Danilo. Already in preseason I've seen enough to see what a good squad addition he'll be. Hopefully Martinez is the same.

thing is pep likes players who are good on the ball and not just out and out defenders? that's probably why he doesn't want to keep mangala as though hes a monster in build he shits himself when the ball is played to his feet and has poor distribution at times? Martinez can also play LB I believe as well so that along with his age would also be an advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.