Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. As I watch zilch academy football.

Foden, Diaz and Sancho. How do they compare?

Question. As I watch zilch academy football.

Foden, Diaz and Sancho. How do they compare?

I don't watch academy football all the time but from what I've seen

Sancho: Incredibly skillful, sensational dribbler and amazing technique when striking a ball. Strong and fast too, could be playing first team football soon in the right guidance. Only major weakness is he lacks the footballing brain the best players have; It's a typical English thing I guess; he did just come from Watford (no disrespect). But he'll get there in the right academy/team. He's always been a hard worker in that sense.

Foden: Very, very clever footballer. He's compared to Silva frequently and you can see why. Excellent close control, good shot too. His movement off the ball is inspired at times, and like Silva his ability to receive the ball in tight spaces and make something of it is at a level well beyond his years. Only thing is he's very slight physically. The preseason games showed this I feel. As such he'd benefit from going on loan the most, as he needs the experience of playing in a more demanding league to complete his development. He's pretty much there otherwise.

Diaz: The one to be excited about. His raw talent is immense. Feels like watching Messi at times. Absolute wand of a left foot. Very fast and agile too. A little bit greedy at times, but you would be with his ability. Could do with toughening up a bit (not necessarily bulking up), in the way David Silva did over the years since joining. A loan might suit him in the way I think it would Foden. But he'd probably get by fine if he stayed.

All three could be something special, that's a certainty.

To be fair, the sale of Rony Lopes is more of an accident, City thought Pellegrini wanted him sold, when he just wanted him loaned. Chalk that up to poor communication more than anything.

Also, people are judging our academy on the past, ignoring what Pep will do in the future. This is why I will not be all doom and gloom; the academy in the past hasn't produced into the first team, but Pep's record and the fact that City are seemingly giving Pep full control gives me hope for the future.

Also, the fact that 3 of our youngsters were specifically pointed out as making it into the first team is why myself, and others just think his decision is odd.

Our record for youth is poor but the club are changing that, they brought in the best manager for playing young players and publically went on the record to point out 3 individuals. If one of those individuals all of a sudden see's no chance then to me it seems like a poor decision to leave.
This is bollocks in my opinion. Pelligrini was always a temporary manager warming the seat for Pep. Txiki is the guy who buys and sells players. I find it hard to believe that a club, as well managed as ours, will end up selling an asset because of miscommunication. The goof up that happened in the press conference only goes to show how clueless Pellers was and that Tkiki has been building this team for Pep. The purchases of De Bruyne and Sterling are further proof of that.

I don't watch academy football all the time but from what I've seen

Sancho: Incredibly skillful, sensational dribbler and amazing technique when striking a ball. Strong and fast too, could be playing first team football soon in the right guidance. Only major weakness is he lacks the footballing brain the best players have; It's a typical English thing I guess; he did just come from Watford (no disrespect). But he'll get there in the right academy/team. He's always been a hard worker in that sense.

Foden: Very, very clever footballer. He's compared to Silva frequently and you can see why. Excellent close control, good shot too. His movement off the ball is inspired at times, and like Silva his ability to receive the ball in tight spaces and make something of it is at a level well beyond his years. Only thing is he's very slight physically. The preseason games showed this I feel. As such he'd benefit from going on loan the most, as he needs the experience of playing in a more demanding league to complete his development. He's pretty much there otherwise.

Diaz: The one to be excited about. His raw talent is immense. Feels like watching Messi at times. Absolute wand of a left foot. Very fast and agile too. A little bit greedy at times, but you would be with his ability. Could do with toughening up a bit (not necessarily bulking up), in the way David Silva did over the years since joining. A loan might suit him in the way I think it would Foden. But he'd probably get by fine if he stayed.

All three could be something special, that's a certainty.

Thanks for taking so much time to answer my question in such detail.

Sounds like we will soon be reaping rewards from our academy which will save us having to dip into the transfer market so often.

It might take a special player to 'make it' in this City team, but it sure as fuck hasn't taken a special player to play in it. We have had loads of very unspecial, senior pros, who have played games for City over the past decade.

So it shouldn't be any different for our own kids.

It's not about them all starting games now, it's about them starting to get minutes on the pitch, here & there, to see if they might have what it takes to start games in the future.

If hardly any get on, then it is a a warning to the younger kids that they might not get a chance when they are older.

This point is so simple & so obvious, I don't understand why people still don't get it.

Couldn't agree more

You know what I meant. 3 years in its current guise since we adopted the philosophy of every team at the club being coached the same away......ahead of Pep's arrival

That isn't correct either. The academy was in full bloom before the move to the Etihad.

Has anyone asked for Sancho to be playing in the first team already ? Has he asked for it ?

Because people seem to keep answering that post yet I have never read anyone post it.

The only posts I've read are referring to the fact, that our previous record in not rewarding young players by giving them minutes in the first team, be it off the bench or whatever, is OBVIOUSLY, going to be noticed by the next generations & OBVIOUSLY going to be used as a tool, by other clubs, to try & persuade our best kids to depart. Surely nobody in their right mind can fail to appreciate this ?

It is something we have to address, quickly. We need to improve our reputation.

This is what our rivals will be saying to Sancho now, & judging by recent reports, we are trying to persuade him otherwise, as we managed to do with Tosin, who almost left.

The fact we have Pep & have so far given Foden & Diaz a high profile on tour, may perhaps even rescue the situation, or at least make sure Sancho is the only one to be tempted away.

The character assassination some on here are employing against the player, may therefore, hopefully, be premature.

There should be no assassination of a 17 year old, that's for certain. It is not a straightforward situation as he has been identified as one of the most promising young players in Europe by winning the Golden Player award. It's reasonable for him to expect a pathway to the first team and to be wanting reassurances, before signing a contract, that he has a chance of playing first team football.

As City fans, we perhaps expect more: I'd sign a contract like a shot for a whiff of a City career but I grew up in Moss Side, with Tueart, Barnes and Doyle my early heroes. Jadon does not have that loyalty so he and his advisors will expect something more. Neville is correct when he states that rivals will be using this against us, however relevant it is, just to persuade talented youngsters that they have more of a chance elsewhere. The change will happen when our actions on the pitch show Academy players that they can achieve their goals. Hopefully Foden and Diaz will persuade him as he is talented. I did have a conversation with one of the Academy player's fathers who said that Jadon needed to be "Humble." It was said with enough conviction to suggest that humility wasn't one of his strengths, but that doesn't make him less of a talent.

Anybody watching or at this open training session? I have it on I'm the background here and they have just done big pieces on Foden and Diaz. Zinchenko, Denayer, Nasri etc all there. Haven't seen any sign of Sancho

That isn't correct either. The academy was in full bloom before the move to the Etihad.

Has anyone asked for Sancho to be playing in the first team already ? Has he asked for it ?

Because people seem to keep answering that post yet I have never read anyone post it.

The only posts I've read are referring to the fact, that our previous record in not rewarding young players by giving them minutes in the first team, be it off the bench or whatever, is OBVIOUSLY, going to be noticed by the next generations & OBVIOUSLY going to be used as a tool, by other clubs, to try & persuade our best kids to depart. Surely nobody in their right mind can fail to appreciate this ?

It is something we have to address, quickly. We need to improve our reputation.

This is what our rivals will be saying to Sancho now, & judging by recent reports, we are trying to persuade him otherwise, as we managed to do with Tosin, who almost left.

The fact we have Pep & have so far given Foden & Diaz a high profile on tour, may perhaps even rescue the situation, or at least make sure Sancho is the only one to be tempted away.

The character assassination some on here are employing against the player, may therefore, hopefully, be premature.

I can only repeat that Sancho has only just turned 17 and the club has made it abundantly clear that it foresees a future for him at first team level. It wouldn't have offered the lad a £1.5m a year contract otherwise. Obviously I am not privy to Sancho's thought processes any more than you are, but whereas you are willing to ascribe his disinclination to accept the offer on the table as being due to him believing he will not get the opportunities so indicated by that offer, I put it down to his having had Spurs and Arsenal in his earhole and a potential return to London thrown in. Certainly his puerile walkout lends to the perception that he doesn't give two shits about City and that his US tour exclusion is a convenient excuse on which to hang his hat

Last edited:
There should be no assassination of a 17 year old, that's for certain. It is not a straightforward situation as he has been identified as one of the most promising young players in Europe by winning the Golden Player award. It's reasonable for him to expect a pathway to the first team and to be wanting reassurances, before signing a contract, that he has a chance of playing first team football.

As City fans, we perhaps expect more: I'd sign a contract like a shot for a whiff of a City career but I grew up in Moss Side, with Tueart, Barnes and Doyle my early heroes. Jadon does not have that loyalty so he and his advisors will expect something more. Neville is correct when he states that rivals will be using this against us, however relevant it is, just to persuade talented youngsters that they have more of a chance elsewhere. The change will happen when our actions on the pitch show Academy players that they can achieve their goals. Hopefully Foden and Diaz will persuade him as he is talented. I did have a conversation with one of the Academy player's fathers who said that Jadon needed to be "Humble." It was said with enough conviction to suggest that humility wasn't one of his strengths, but that doesn't make him less of a talent.
Stopped reading when you said there should be no assassination. The kid did it himself when he started refusing to train and ignoring phone calls from the club. You don't do that to any club as someone who has done fuck all in the pro game. Even as a pro you don't do that. Look at how Sanchez is pushing for his move, even how Sterling got his. There's a manner in how you act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.