Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only repeat that Sancho has only just turned 17 and the club has made it abundantly clear that it foresees a future for him at first team level. It wouldn't have offered the lad a £1.5m a year contract otherwise. Obviously I am nor privy to Sancho's thought processes any more than you are, but whereas you are willing to ascribe his disinclination to accept the offer on the table as being due to him believing he will not get the opportunities so indicated by that offer, I put it down to his having had Spurs and Arsenal in his earhole and a potential return to London thrown in. Certainly his puerile walkout lends to the perception that he doesn't give two shits about City and that his US tour exclusion is a convenient excuse on which to hang his hat

We don't even know if there is a walkout. He might have been given time to think for all we know.

But in the past few seasons when people such as myself have mentioned about our kids bei g tapped up by others, due to our enemies being able to tempt them with promises of first team involvement, compared to our so far proven failure to bring though a single player, especially English ones & rarely even use such as a sub, for 5 minutes, the arrogant response has been that 'we have the best blah blah, nothing to worry about'.

Now we see kids we really want to keep, such as Tosin & Sancho being tempted by our enemies & still plenty of people can't see it.

Things need to change, fast.

We don't even know if there is a walkout. He might have been given time to think for all we know.

But in the past few seasons when people such as myself have mentioned about our kids bei g tapped up by others, due to our enemies being able to tempt them with promises of first team involvement, compared to our so far proven failure to bring though a single player, especially English ones & rarely even use such as a sub, for 5 minutes, the arrogant response has been that 'we have the best blah blah, nothing to worry about'.

Now we see kids we really want to keep, such as Tosin & Sancho being tempted by our enemies & still plenty of people can't see it.

Bang on. They just need to look at our "development" of Gunn, who sat out an entire season for no reason essentially, Tosin with almost no game time etc.

Seems you are the only one talking any sense on this thread.

Had some doubts about Sancho;s character when I saw him playing abroad in a tournament. He was being substituted for Foden in one match with about 10 mins remaining. As he came off the pitch he seemed to be sulking & when Foden put out his hand to shake it as 2 players normally do when exchanging places Sancho ignored it & Foden did seem a bit put out by it.[/

He thew a strop at being subbed and he was 15. He'd been shit in that game and lost the ball every time he got it by dribbling up blind alleys. Bolton came on and was far more effective. I posted about Sancho's progress after the Cup final. Nothing to do with that one game. It was about his development and the coaching. Diaz as well. They both hold onto the ball too much and dribble up dead ends for no reason. They're being indulged. Foden releases the ball quickly and you can see how the first team players give him the ball in tight situations. He lacks a bit of muscle at the second ball but he puts the other youth lads in the shade. Diaz gets it and loses it because he tries to dribble through a crowd. He won't make it unless he learns to get his head up and see a pass. I don't care how good people on here think he is. The odd spectacular goal won't make up for all the times he loses the ball. He does the same thing at junior level. Sancho's a lost cause at City. They should just let him go and move on. He's a kid. He's not that big a deal. More importantly they should be examining the coaching at youth level. They're too compliant with fancy dan players. We need Fodens, Smiths, Boltons, lads with skill and a bit of heart and an ability to play in a team. Nmecha maybe. Let Sancho go and be Billy BB somewhere else. Diaz too if he can't get his head up.

Oh, all the big mouths who had a go after the Cup final when I questioned the lad's poor progress ... where are they now? Sancho's getting pelters from other posters and no comment? Bad boy now, eh? Wants to leave City.

Stopped reading when you said there should be no assassination. The kid did it himself when he started refusing to train and ignoring phone calls from the club. You don't do that to any club as someone who has done fuck all in the pro game. Even as a pro you don't do that. Look at how Sanchez is pushing for his move, even how Sterling got his. There's a manner in how you act.

Maybe Sancho should fake a cold aswell and not show up to training. As long as he is following the Sterling method, he should also call out Pep and the club aswell. The point is he hasn't done anything that warrants the character assassination. If you are going to call out Sancho, then don't cry when the media assassinates Sterling. This doesn't pertain to you, rather the masses which are going after Sancho.

Maybe Sancho should fake a cold aswell and not show up to training. As long as he is following the Sterling method, he should also call out Pep and the club aswell. The point is he hasn't done anything that warrants the character assassination. If you are going to call out Sancho, then don't cry when the media assassinates Sterling. This doesn't pertain to you, rather the masses which are going after Sancho.

He's stopped returning the club's phone calls and has stopped going to training whilst still a scholar here for another year.He does deserve plenty of criticism for that.

Sterling, on the other hand, missed a day's training with permission, while two clubs were negotiating for him, a completely different circumstance as you full well know.

A pretty embarrassing comparison to be honest, even from you.

I'm pretty sure @twosips has confirmed he walked out and has gone back to london without any permission, it's not just a rumour.

He's stopped returning the club's phone calls and has stopped going to training whilst still a scholar here for another year.He does deserve plenty of criticism for that.

Sterling, on the other hand, missed a day's training with permission, while two clubs were negotiating for him, a completely different circumstance as you full well know.

A pretty embarrassing comparison to be honest, even from you.

Sancho is not under a professional contract, while Sterling actively missed a couple of days of training, did an interview without their permission and called the coach out. If you think Sancho warrants criticsm, then Sterling 100% deserves the boos he gets everywhere he goes. What he did was much more. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, if Hitler was a City fan, you would somehow rationalize him being a saint.

Sancho is not under a professional contract, while Sterling actively missed a couple of days of training, did an interview without their permission and called the coach out. If you think Sancho warrants criticsm, then Sterling 100% deserves the boos he gets everywhere he goes. What he did was much more. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, if Hitler was a City fan, you would somehow rationalize him being a saint.
Your being a tad defensive and hyperbolic over this whole situation. Your bias comes through too much.

You are misinformed on Sterling situation, and have such a boner over youth players that you are completely okay with them abandoning their obligations to training with the club so they can force a leave.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of knowledge here over what's happening; a knowledge that isn't apparent in other threads. I have seen nothing anywhere, other than comments in this thread.

Where are people getting all the information from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.