Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time he moved Barca hadn't won anything except their Charity Shield equivalent for 2 years whereas United had won consecutive league titles and the Champions League in the same time.

Certainly no different from Sancho moving from us to Arsenal as has been mooted.

He won't get in Arsenal team though

Again, it seems that a simple point, in this part of the forum, needs repeating over & over.

I am not suggesting replacing Kolarov with a 17 year old, indeed I SPELLED OUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT KIDS STARTING GAMES.

I am (once again with great difficulty) trying to make the point that our first team squad is OFTEN half filled with players filling in positions who are most definitely a RISK, or not 'good enough' all the criticisms that are levelled at kids.

Yet playing Kolarov for 20 games at cb, a position where one mistake maybe costs us the game is considered routine, but giving Brandon Barker ten minutes off the bench as a winger v Bournemouth etc is considered by many on here, to be some sort of title threatening move.

It's bollocks.

The biggest 'risks' we have been taking year after year, is playing inferior squad players as key starting members of the team or important subs & far outweighs any 'risk' it would have been, to give a kid ten minutes out wide.

It's all about opinions. So many world class managers make so many mistakes. They ought to learn from this forum hey?

He may not want immediate first team football. I doubt any Premier League team would give him assurances of immediate minutes.

However, Arsenal have a far better recent history of bringing through young players than we do - Iwobi, Coquelin, Bellerin, Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles, Zelalem, Willock and Akpom all came through their youth system and got minutes last season.

He probably sees a better and quicker path to the first team there than he does here.

If he does go there, I reckon his name'll be on the team sheet before it's on his shirt.

They wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of making some kind of childish point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.