Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wind your neck in you tried the patronising bit first fella. If he plays I will support him because I want us to win. But I feel totally justified in stating I think it's an appalling bit of business before we waste 30mil on crap as we have done with bony delph bravo nolito and many others in recent times. In the case of those they at least justified the punt we were taking. How does a 30year old well past his average best.

Don't be so harsh he's 29

No not at all so don't fuckin patronise me , i've see seen pleny of highs and lows in my nearly 50 years of watching City but now we really are a top european club and like i said i'm not thrilled about signing Evans but it's looking like we will so get fuckin use to it give the lad a chance and let's see how it pans out.

I was about to dismiss your post until you told us you have watched city for 50 years

Come on txiki make it happen

Here are the Football Manager results for a prem-experienced (>=27) left-footed (strong or greater) centre back:

Jan Vertonghen
Jonny Evans
Angelo Ogbonna
Papy Djilobodji
Marc Wilson
Ragnar Klavan
Adrian Mariappa
Miguel Britos
John Terry
Joleon Lescott
Damien Delaney
Jonas Olsson

:)

He's not exactly blessed with pace and he plays in a team that's generally very defensive so he doesn't get exposed as much as he would here.
We tend to play a high pressing game and that's where he would struggle I think...being much higher up the pitch would leave him vulnerable to teams breaking with pace.
That's my take on things and I admit I could be wrong but as I say it's all about opinions isn't it.

Thats a fair shout and my main concern as well. My own theory on that is that he'd be used pretty selectively where we're expected to dominate the ball, where his pace would be slightly less of a problem.

So Evans is actually the top HG find in that list. And the estimated cost according to my scout is 21.5m-28.5m pounds lol.

4j8jgo.png

In order:

1. I disagree. The closest thing we have to an academy option is Tosin, who not only isn't ready, hasn't played more than a few minutes of professional football. We can't count on him in the even of an injury and the player in question is 29, not 22. It's a short term option.

2. Agreed that 30mm is too high, 25 is the max i'd like to see on this but lets see how the fee shakes out.

3. Those signings aren't relevant here. I trust Pep has done his homework.

4. I disagree. We can't go into the season with three centerbacks (no, Mangala doesn't count) when we want to play three at the back and one of them has Vinny's injury history.
Well with Tosin hes never gonna be ready until we give him a chance, same with any young player. Pep also did his homework on Bravo yet we know how that ended up (Im a huge pep fan but every manager makes mistakes and it wont be just him deciding this transfer).

On the three at the back I cant see that being our main formation this year as we simply have to many attacking options. Once Mendy and Gundogan are fit I expect us to play a similar formation as last year. Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Tosin seems a perfectly reasonable balanced set of defenders.

I can see a situation where Evans could do a job for us, but signing him for big money doesn't really make sense. He might be good enough as backup now, but let's be honest, he's probably going to not be good enough within 3 years and have absolutely no resale value. This is the problem with signing someone like him. Even mid-table clubs are now in a position where they don't have to accept offers for their key players unless they're ridiculous.

What happened to the Ben Gibson rumours? I'd rather spend £30m on him than £25m on Evans. Both are good enough to do a job, but only one will still be good enough in 3 years, and only one will get a decent fee back if it doesn't work out.

IF we wanted to have HG player then we should kept Maffeo instead of loaning him and buying Danilo.
Or we could have HG Goal keeper.

Anyway, lets have a poll and see who wants Evans and who doesn't.

Honestly, the homegrown thing isn't the biggest limitation. If we were dead set on a left-footed back it does limit your options severely. Looking in FM tells me this much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.