Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that the people who keep posting how utter shite he is should easily be able to find clips of all the major fuck ups he's made in the past 2 seasons for West Brom....

If we actually do sign him, I’m going to support him. But I sincerely hope it doesn’t get to that point. If other top teams sign him we would’ve been laughing at them.

I'm still in the "I trust Pep" stage, and I'm intrigued that he's picked out Evans. It makes a change from going for the massive names constantly.

Take nothing away from the fact United fans still like him, and he's 2 years captain of a solid defensive outfit, who's fans also love him.

In reality, if we end up with Evans and 2 foreign spot signigns (Say Sanchez + 1 more) - then it's a fantastic squad.

Fully agree with this.

Better than Gibson and Tosin is nowhere near ready.

Would there be such an issue if he'd never played for them lot?

He makes less mistakes than Stones, no where near as rash as Otamendi and better in the air than both of them. He is far better than Mangala.

If he did not play for United, then no one would be moaning about this transfer. Experienced and steady 4th choice CB coming in at a reasonable fee.

Talking sense isn't allowed in this thread, sorry.

Hilarious the meltdown on social media about this

I'm getting blues on my twitter saying they will give up their season tickets if he signs..I mean come on..overreacting just a tad?!
There's a lot of stupid people on social media.
My reaction is the same as it would be if we were linked with any other average player and willing to fork out £25m for the privilege. No thanks.

Do you really think that the recruitment team just spin a wheel and whoever it stops on they go for?

No! they don't. every position that is require filling will have a profile of what attributes are required to fill that role. Outside Influences will affect the target such as budget, availability etc, but if a player does not fill the basic technical profile they won't go near them

Jonny Evans obviously fits enough of the profile to put a bid in

See that would be a good point if the 'recruitment team' hadn't continually spent big money on shite players who we have struggled to shift when we realise after a few months that they are no good, and end up loaning out and paying their wages for years after they ceased to serve any useful purpose for us.

Our success rate on big transfers (over £10m) is probably under 30% since the takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.