It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a DM mate. Playing 3 at the back that role becomes the job of the central CB. The player in the traditional DM role should be a release valve. Gets the ball and quickly dstributes it. Gundogan and Silva would be excellent there. If we were a back 2 rather than a 3, then yes, you need someone with a bit more steel, but we need a Modric player in front of Stones rather than a Fernandinho.

He simply isn't up to playing the role. Not a great mover without the ball, and he's jamming up the lane in front of him. Fluid movement is exactly what's required in there, and unless he has the ball then Dinho just camps and waits for it once he finds space, but in this system his role is to make space by moving, not be in that space.
Thats totall rubish makes me laugh how people quckly cast aside our better players to see a shiny new toy .fernandiniho has all the skill set required otherwise he wouldnt have been played in most positions in this team.its all about balance and fernandiniho gives us exactly that.and to say he just jams up the lane is ludicrous he covers more ground than anyone.

and to say he just jams up the lane is ludicrous he covers more ground than anyone.

When chasing the ball.

When we have the ball he's completely stagnant buddy. I like the guy, he's been a model pro. But he stank last year and this season really is a square peg in a round hole. Honestly, he had one quality season with us, that's it. He can run around looking busy all he wants, he isn't at the level this team should be at.

Thats totall rubish makes me laugh how people quckly cast aside our better players to see a shiny new toy .fernandiniho has all the skill set required otherwise he wouldnt have been played in most positions in this team.its all about balance and fernandiniho gives us exactly that.and to say he just jams up the lane is ludicrous he covers more ground than anyone.

You not accept that his performances have dropped off since he first signed - genuine question ?

Can I just say we've got an AMAZING squad and could/should win the league as it stands. Anything else over the next few days is a bonus. People saying Fernandinho clogs things up and slows things down is clueless, or at least just wrong. Sanchez would be great but would mean less playing time for sane, sterling, Aguero, Jesus or Bernardo so swings and roundabouts.

Is the Alderweirald fee story legit? I.e that he has a buyout of £25m from next year? If so, constructing a deal like Liverpool's for Keita would be decent business

Could be wrong but I think the release clause is 2019 and not next summer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.