Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really are run in an utterly shambolic way. Allowing the contracts of so many good players to run down, claiming they'd sooner keep those players and let them leave on a free, then caving in at the last minute when it's almost impossible to secure some decent replacements. I really thought Arsenal would do some good business this window despite the Sanchez situation - they got Lacazette in early which was admittedly a very good acquisition but have all too predictably failed to build on that. I said weeks ago when some of the Gooners on the Sanchez thread were saying it suits Arsenal to drag it out rather than City that if anything it suited us more to bide our time. Arsenal would've been better off biting the bullet and selling him for good money to us as soon as Sanchez made it clear that he wanted to leave - that way, they could've had more players signed up and fully bedded into the team by now.

Even some of the deluded lot that post on Untold Arsenal are seeing the light now and are calling Tony Attwood out for his constant attacks on those Arsenal fans that dare criticise Wenger and Kroenke.

Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't have the brain to play centre midfield and produces hardly anything playing on the wing. Think he would have been perfect for the wing back role at Chelsea. Dumb to turn that down in the hope of playing centrally for Liverpool, they'd play him there a couple of times before deciding he's not up to it like Milner.
totally agree.

Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't have the brain to play centre midfield and produces hardly anything playing on the wing. Think he would have been perfect for the wing back role at Chelsea. Dumb to turn that down in the hope of playing centrally for Liverpool, they'd play him there a couple of times before deciding he's not up to it like Milner.

agree, he would play well in that wing back role

A fucking robbery by Arsenal if they manage anything over £15m for Ox based on his ability alone.

He doesn't have a position, he's doing a Milner even though he doesn't have a stand out attribute to control a football match from the middle of the park, and for a supposed attacking minded player his output is wank.

They really are run in an utterly shambolic way. Allowing the contracts of so many good players to run down, claiming they'd sooner keep those players and let them leave on a free, then caving in at the last minute when it's almost impossible to secure some decent replacements. I really thought Arsenal would do some good business this window despite the Sanchez situation - they got Lacazette in early which was admittedly a very good acquisition but have all too predictably failed to build on that. I said weeks ago when some of the Gooners on the Sanchez thread were saying it suits Arsenal to drag it out rather than City that if anything it suited us more to bide our time. Arsenal would've been better off biting the bullet and selling him for good money to us as soon as Sanchez made it clear that he wanted to leave - that way, they could've had more players signed up and fully bedded into the team by now.

Even some of the deluded lot that post on Untold Arsenal are seeing the light now and are calling Tony Attwood out for his constant attacks on those Arsenal fans that dare criticise Wenger and Kroenke.
It's all looking a bit deliberate on the part of the greedy board. It's Kroenke and his cronies that are the most to blame but Wenger doesn't seem inclined to stand up to them. Hence the squad goes to wrack and ruin and the club treads water at best. And now it's costing them CL revenue too. I am amazed they haven't changed course. I would be livid if City were pulling this sort of shit.

A fucking robbery by Arsenal if they manage anything over £15m for Ox based on his ability alone.

He doesn't have a position, he's doing a Milner even though he doesn't have a stand out attribute to control a football match from the middle of the park, and for a supposed attacking minded player his output is wank.

I read a tweet yesterday where a journalist said, 'I have watched Chamberlain for 10 years but I still don't know what he is and if he is good or not'.

A fair summary, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.