Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a couple of live albums of them. Got bizarro tucked away somewhere. They toured this year playing 'George best' in its entirety but didn't get to see them, not sure if they are still on tour actually. Always remember seeing them on top of the pops singing brassneck and Dave gedge trudging off stage, hands in pocket and the song not even finished.

Colossal band.

Fucking brilliant at covers as well, they did loads and they smashed em all.

You don't think he'd have made a difference?

Arsenal generally do face a parked bus when they play and get hit on the break because they have an even worse central mid and central defence than us. Sanchez is a very high quality player. More consistent than our existing players, perhaps bar a prime Aguero. Aguero looks like he's lost something. Is it temporary or permanent? I do wonder if he's just on the decline, given he's played since he was 16. Aguero of 3 years ago would've scored 40-50 goals last year. He'd have buried that chance against Bournemouth too, or at least shot. However, playing alongside Sanchez, he'd either flourish or be benched.

For me, I'd have loved to see Sanchez, Jesus and Sane as a front 3, with B Silva, DeBruyne and a new CM behind. A new CB with what we've done thus far around it would've had us looking very good with players of real calibrate to come of the bench/ rotate. I want us to dominate, as it stands I think we'll be scrapping with 5 others for the top positions and flattering to deceive in Europe once again.

I think he might have made a big difference.

But he might have made no difference at all. He would be a new player at a different club.

Arsenal do not face the same level of concentration City do, anymore & haven't for years. It's easier for individual players to shine.

I've posted all along I didn't especially want him because I think Jesus, Sané Sterling & kids have to play more games if he's not here & the manager has to work harder at improving them.

If this squad isn't good enough to compete, in Pep's 2nd season, then it's his fault imo. I don't think Sanchez is good enough that we would just ahtomatically dominate. Pep should have this team right up there. With a view to wiping everyone out in the coming years.

That doesn't mean I'd necessarily want to sack Pep if it didn't work out short term, just that he would need to do better. I'd like him here for years, building.

But City should be right up there, with or without Sanchez imo. We have the players & the goals are already there uf we find the right method . If the manager earns his crust, he will get them scoring.

Was out for a while tonight. To confirm, City didn't go back in with a bid over £60m after the Lemar nonsense?

Genuinely quite surprised if that's the case. Thought it would go to £70m.
No. Think we offered a fair price and fair play to them, they decided to keep him for a few more months at least.

Stories now that Barca may be in for Ozil tomorrow, I this happens then you can see Sanchez being livid.

He's got to be livid with himself. There was an awful lot he could do to speed things up. That said, I think we'd be fine even without him.
Arsenal would be plain stupid to sell to us,even worse if they don't have a replacement. nothing Sanchez could do,apart put off perspective buyers in europe .which i think he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.