Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He convets more for Arsenal, playing in games where teams fancy their chances & open up.

Different job at City.

The chances we have been missing, Fat Bob Taylor or Jon Macken would have a decent ratio of scoring. Our players should be doing better & we should be creating even more openings from the positions we get into.

As the manager, imo, Pep should try to figure out why these guys are not as clinical as they ought to be & get into tbeir heads, to fix it.

On one occasion last week, Aguero actually ducked the opportunity to put the ball away, trying to be extra sure. That's not ability, it's in his mind. He is fully capable of better.
You don't think he'd have made a difference?

Arsenal generally do face a parked bus when they play and get hit on the break because they have an even worse central mid and central defence than us. Sanchez is a very high quality player. More consistent than our existing players, perhaps bar a prime Aguero. Aguero looks like he's lost something. Is it temporary or permanent? I do wonder if he's just on the decline, given he's played since he was 16. Aguero of 3 years ago would've scored 40-50 goals last year. He'd have buried that chance against Bournemouth too, or at least shot. However, playing alongside Sanchez, he'd either flourish or be benched.

For me, I'd have loved to see Sanchez, Jesus and Sane as a front 3, with B Silva, DeBruyne and a new CM behind. A new CB with what we've done thus far around it would've had us looking very good with players of real calibrate to come of the bench/ rotate. I want us to dominate, as it stands I think we'll be scrapping with 5 others for the top positions and flattering to deceive in Europe once again.

I will call it now.. Tolmie used too know bits and bobs, what he hasn't divulged is City are where he is not. ITK my arse, Gary Cook knows more down the Kings Head.
apart from that, what a transfer window, exciting times...

As i said earlier, Missing out on Sanchez is just one of those things, more down to Arsenal's incompetence than anything. However, to not have a plan B is very poor on our part.

We're woefully short upfront the second one of Kun or Jesus gets injured or suspended. As of right now, including the likes of Mangala and Delph, we're still a player short from filling the "free" player quota in our squad.

Talent wise, we have a great squad but we're too light in key positions, 2 in particular. Upfront we have just 2 options and Sterling as an alternative. The likes of KDB,SIlva Bernardo Sane are not strikers. Those two are susceptible to injuries and with the way they play, they'll get a fair few kicks and miss a number of games.

And then we have just one left back in the squad. Danilo doesn't look comfortable on that side at all to do it regularly, and Sane has been nothing short of woeful in that position. Mendy with his explosive style will almost certainly suffer muscular injuries throughout the season too and even in the miraculous event that he stayed fit he can't play every game with the demand we place on our fullbacks.

Centre back isn't ideal but i think we'll be okay, i'm one of the few that thinks Mangala can be a good option for us.

The players we've signed this window are great signings, i wouldn't say we've had a great window though, just because our squad has a few obvious weaknesses/lack of options and 1/2 injuries is going to leave us struggling. We've got rid of a lot of players and not replaced them. On pure numbers we're lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.