Classic novels

Just checked out the list, obviously some great books, probably read about a quarter of them. A few surprises, three Harry Potter seems a little excessive
erm 4 Harry Potter..
I wont be reading them
Cant believe 4 HP but no Le Carre or Dostoevsky

Last edited:
Nobody, ever, has read War and Peace.
If you meet someone who says they have, they are lying. It's dirge. Not just normal dirge but true unsurpassed dirge with knobs on. Plus , it makes no sense. Loads of Russians with similar names and jobs and titles mushing around doing stuff.
In fact, thinking on . Dirge doesn't do this overbearing monotonous pile of shite any justice.
And it's 14 million pages long .
I've read it twice. The first half/two-thirds is simply magnificent. The last bit, with all its moralising and religious shite, is dirgey I'll agree.

Surprised at that list. There no way people like Terry Pratchett & Jacqueline Wilson should be in there about authors like Grahame Greene and Ernest Hemingway. Two novels that should be in there are Solzhenitsyn's 'One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich' and Donna Tartt's 'Secret History' which is probably the best modern novel I've read. Also no Trollope? Barchester Towers, The Warden are both absolute classics.

I've read it twice. The first half/two-thirds is simply magnificent. The last bit, with all its moralising and religious shite, is dirgey I'll agree.

Surprised at that list. There no way people like Terry Pratchett & Jacqueline Wilson should be in there about authors like Grahame Greene and Ernest Hemingway. Two novels that should be in there are Solzhenitsyn's 'One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich' and Donna Tartt's 'Secret History' which is probably the best modern novel I've read. Also no Trollope? Barchester Towers, The Warden are both absolute classics.
Secret History is on the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.