Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

The word "controversial" appears in some reports on ESPN - they must be joking. A foot higher than the waist, showing studs, aiming for a player is dangerous play. Going towards the head is even more dangerous. It wasn't intentional but still a red.
If they want to discuss controversial red cards what about Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling.
I must add that Craig Burley on ESPN was vehemently adamant it was a definite RED.

Its only "controversial" because so many cannot seem to get their head around the fact that a challenge doesnt have to be intentionally dangerous to be a red card offense

Its only "controversial" because so many cannot seem to get their head around the fact that a challenge doesnt have to be intentionally dangerous to be a red card offense

that's the bottom line mate, and there is no doubt he should go for it but miss the ball and you run the risk, you leave the ref no choice but to give a red

I think you can make a case for yellow and for red.

Very tough call this one, because Ederson really threw himself into the challenge bravely.

Personally, I would not have given a red card there. Although I am personally one that does not like to see red cards handed out in matches except when absolutely necessary. Taking a player off changes the match entirely

Ederon headed a ball at head height.

mane went for it with his foot at head height and made no contact with the ball but caught the player in the head.

Its reckless and its a red card.

As for you not wanting to give a card unless its absolutely necessary? Using an axe perhaps or knife? Shooting a player?

Fucking ridiculous some of the crap being written about this challenge.

Hate that word. An Americanism

Firstly, no, it isn't an Amercanism.
Secondly, there isn't anything inherently wrong with Americanisms anyway.
Finally, your own sentence construction (explanatory fragment following a declaration, as quoted above) is, ironically, Americanist in it's style.

PS:
It was a red card, by the way.

Every referee and ex referee interviewed, including Graham Poll, have said it was the clearest red card you will ever see. They are also mystified as to the debate about it. Sane was out of control, his foot high and studs up. He also knew Ederson was coming out and I would add he knew he was out of his area and couldn't handle it so would be leading with his head. If it was a City player who made that challenge the poll running now was should the FA extend the ban.

Where we these polls when Walker and Sterling got sent off?

This is my problem with the media they set the agenda. Anyone remember the hysteria when Balotelli "stamped" on Scott Parker

The issue will be that referees will feel pressure in giving any decision to City as they realise the scrutiny that they will be under

Every referee and ex referee interviewed, including Graham Poll, have said it was the clearest red card you will ever see. They are also mystified as to the debate about it. Sane was out of control, his foot high and studs up. He also knew Ederson was coming out and I would add he knew he was out of his area and couldn't handle it so would be leading with his head. If it was a City player who made that challenge the poll running now was should the FA extend the ban.
In fact Sky would replay the incident constantly until the FA issued a ban,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.