Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

ground was a dump. Seats were half ripped. But Feyenoord fans were awesome. Friendly and full of banter. Security around the ground were cool too. Not plastic fan base like ajax!

I agree, I'm not sure the other players are entirely on his wavelength yet.
I think a big problem last night was the pitch as well. The pitch was cutting up a lot, which meant that some of the more intricate play wasn't possible so we were playing a lot of balls in front of the quicker wide players. This isn't where Bernardo shines generally, I think games in England will help him much more than the game last night, but it's good to get minutes under his belt, definitely.

I wouldn't underestimate Shakhtar at all. I was listening to some European football "expert" on the radio after the draw had been made and he was absolutely raving about Shakhtar, said they are real dark horses and had every chance of getting out of this group ahead of Napoli. Not sure who he was and he could have been talking shit but he seemed to know a lot about them and seemed to really rate them.

Not paid them much attention Shakhtar seem to have been a decent team for a fair while now and they appear to be have a constant pipeline of talented Brazilian players that they import. Hasn't their manager been there ages?

Great performance and result.
Ground is a shithole and their famous so called atmosphere dissappears if you score early on.
Loved the faces of their fans when the City fans ripped them a new one all game.
Behave yourself Feyenoord fans were superb .if we were getting beat 4-0 at home the place would be empty .even if were winning at home 4-0 loads would have done one early

If the Feyanord fans are still logging in can I add my voice to the others that have praised you. Your fans were brillaint, loud and supportive and made a great atmosphere. You were also very friendly before the game. We met a few by the old harbour area and spent the afternoon with one bloke who only called in for a quick half and forgot to leave !

Great fans and I wish you all the luck in your league and a great time when you come over here.

Shakhtar is going to be a crucial game. Judging by last night's game should be a good game. beating Napoli was one of the best results of the night

Some exhilarating football from City, again. Clearly went into game management / conserve energy mode in second half but kept pressing when they needed to.

I think the pressing has gone up a notch at the start of this season and, is it my imagination or have all those rondos in training started to pay off? I thought we dealt with their attempts to press us really well last night. If we do a better job of dealing with opponents who try to press us hard, we will be a bigger threat than we were.

The team just needs to keep progressing, the potential of this group is mouth-watering.

Still here. Got to bed about 5am. Good drink in a bar on witte de waitsraat. The feyernord fans we met were top notch. Very knowledgeable about us. One lad loved kdb. Said right now he the best player in world football

If the Feyanord fans are still logging in can I add my voice to the others that have praised you. Your fans were brillaint, loud and supportive and made a great atmosphere. You were also very friendly before the game. We met a few by the old harbour area and spent the afternoon with one bloke who only called in for a quick half and forgot to leave !

Great fans and I wish you all the luck in your league and a great time when you come over here.
NIce post, sounds like a great day out was had by all and nice to see blues spreading the love around the continent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.