Veganism

The problem with that is that no animal is farmed in a humane way or killed without suffering.

Yes, to put the words 'humane' and 'slaughter' together is pretty oxymoronic. Meat eaters/purchasers who sink to that level to defend themselves make me chuckle.

Yes, to put the words 'humane' and 'slaughter' together is pretty oxymoronic. Meat eaters/purchasers who sink to that level to defend themselves make me chuckle.

I used humane, you added slaughter.

You don't eat meat and disagree with it and the proccess, fine that is your choice and I respect that, I don't and 2,00,000 year + as a species or omnivores will not suddenly make me think that I should not.

Personally I find the domestication and substigation of dogs as pets cruel

I used humane, you added slaughter.

You don't eat meat and disagree with it and the proccess, fine that is your choice and I respect that, I don't and 2,00,000 year + as a species or omnivores will not suddenly make me think that I should not.

Personally I find the domestication and substigation of dogs as pets cruel

Of course people eat meat yet disagree with it. It's called being addicted, it's called rationalizing, it called giving in to your taste buds. It is often pointed out that if we, each of us, actually had to kill our own animals to eat, most civilized people would become vegetarians overnight. Some meat eaters can admit they're selfish, that the convenience of buying a McDonalds hamburger it is too great for them to overcome. I can actually respect those people, at least they're not kidding themselves that what is happening is all fine and dandy.

I think pet ownership is a messy subject, simply because of the waste it creates.. the strays etc who live terrible lives. I don't think domestication is itself cruel though, the relationship can be said to be one of mutual benefit or something.

Of course people eat meat yet disagree with it. It's called being addicted, it's called rationalizing, it called giving in to your taste buds. It is often pointed out that if we, each of us, actually had to kill our own animals to eat, most civilized people would become vegetarians overnight. Some meat eaters can admit they're selfish, that the convenience of buying a McDonalds hamburger it is too great for them to overcome. I can actually respect those people, at least they're not kidding themselves that what is happening is all fine and dandy.

I think pet ownership is a messy subject, simply because of the waste it creates.. the strays etc who live terrible lives. I don't think domestication is itself cruel though, the relationship can be said to be one of mutual benefit or something.

Well I have killed
chickens, lobsters, crabs, fish, a cow(once) skinned rabbits etc and it hasn't affected my attitude to eating meat (I admit first time for some was difficult).

None of this wast out of pleasure or sport, but because it was part of my job at the time to feed people, I don't regret doing it and as I said if people do not choose to eat meat, that's their choice, but it is part of our omnivore make up, not an addiction, still I respect those that choose not too on moral and ethical grounds, but I choose to eat.

I do actually believe the worlds beef comsumption is a major enviromental problem though

Last edited:
Well I have killed chickens, lobsters, crabs, fish, a cow(once) skinned rabbits etc and it hasn't affected my attitude to eating meat (I admit first time for some was difficult).

None of tgis wast out of pleasure or sport, but because it was part of my job at the time to feed people.

What did you kill a cow for?

Well I have killed chickens, lobsters, crabs, fish, a cow(once) skinned rabbits etc and it hasn't affected my attitude to eating meat (I admit first time for some was difficult).

None of tgis wast out of pleasure or sport, but because it was part of my job at the time to feed people.

Well I don't envy that job. Personally I'd feel like a fucking arsehole intentionally killing sentient beings that I simply didn't have to. On such jobs though, this is a good article: http://www.foodispower.org/slaughterhouse-workers/ Where there is demand there are jobs, the meat industry is horrific not only for the animals.

What did you kill a cow for?

Wedding in Thailand the cow was the main meat for the days feast, as they were Buddhists they normaly had a local guy who could do it, but he was away so asked me, very humane it was unconsious and killed instantly, not a very pleasant thing, and not somethimg I would do again now older.

on the rest all were also quick and painless, only lobsters did me as they were steamed alive, and something I hated, but was a chefs work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.