Crazy decisions of years gone by.

Sacking this first manager to win the league in 44 years a year later because he only finished second and got to an FA Cup final
Nope. That had to happen if we didn’t want to buy a whole new first 11. He successor did ok first season as well.

Letting Eddie Large do the half time team talk in the Bournemouth promotion game when 3-0 up and needing a win. 3 Bournemouth goals later and it wasn't such a good idea!

I remember seeing him a few times getting off the team coach at away games and thinking, " What the fuck?" Mind you we were run like a comedy club in those days so it was hardly surprising!

That Bournemouth game was unbelievable. We absolutely hammered them in the first half and I think I am correct that if we won we would have been promoted. Blisset scored a penalty in something like the 97th minute and Ian Bishop ran the show for them in the second half.

Nope. That had to happen if we didn’t want to buy a whole new first 11. He successor did ok first season as well.

Nope. The same players that forced out Mancini also weren't too fond of Pellegrini. And that's from the horses mouth, so name drop all you want, you won't change the fact that it's true.

City should have backed the manager the first time and fucked off the billy big bollocks players who undermined him. All of them. No matter who they were. And don't even try to tell me that "all of the players wanted him out" because I know for a fact that's not true, and not even close to being true.

If we'd have bought Van Persie, Hazard and DeRossi in summer 2012, as Mancini wanted, we'd have dominated English, and likely European football for the following 3 years. Yes we'd have failed FFP, and ended up with what? A suspended £50m fine and squad restrictions? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That sacking stunted the progress of the club, no question about it. Yes Pellegrini won the league with Mancini's team. But look at the absolute shite he left behind and how far backwards he took us. It's been a 3 year rebuilding job to undo the shit he foisted upon us.

Not a single player remains from who Pellegrini asked the club to bring in. That tells you all you need to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.