Breaking records/stats thread

Top spot isn’t all that great anyway when you consider Madrid and Munich, Juve and possibly Atletico/Roma will be amongst the second seeds.

Slightly better odds on getting an 'easier' team though.

As it stands:

Finish 1st: Basel, Bayern, Juventus, Sevilla, Porto, Real Madrid
Finish 2nd: PSG, Barcelona, Roma, Besiktas

So I'd take my chances with the first pot. 1/6 chance of getting Real who I do think will come good, come the knockouts. 50% chances of drawing PSG or Barcelona, i'd rather avoid that, particularly PSG. I think if we avoid each other, I could see us and PSG in the final.

I think if we avoid each other, I could see us and PSG in the final.
I’ve seen United fans already bemoaning the likelihood of the “most plastic CL final ever” and another saying “I hope they both get there then the “big clubs” will surely gang up on them again”.

Salty salty beautiful tears.

Top spot isn’t all that great anyway when you consider Madrid and Munich, Juve and possibly Atletico/Roma will be amongst the second seeds.

But, there is also Basel, Sevilla and Porto to choose from. If finishing 2nd, it's just between Barcelona, PSG, Roma and Besiktas (as things stand).

But, there is also Basel, Sevilla and Porto to choose from. If finishing 2nd, it's just between Barcelona, PSG, Roma and Besiktas (as things stand).
To be honest, if we’re pkaying like this when it kicks off again in the new year then I won’t fear anyone.

As long as those red bastards get someone other than a bye I don't give a fuck who we get. I don't think we fear anyone.

As it stands:

So I'd take my chances with the first pot. 1/6 chance of getting Real who I do think will come good, come the knockouts. 50% chances of drawing PSG or Barcelona, i'd rather avoid that, particularly PSG. I think if we avoid each other, I could see us and PSG in the final.

I’ve seen United fans already bemoaning the likelihood of the “most plastic CL final ever” and another saying “I hope they both get there then the “big clubs” will surely gang up on them again”.

Salty salty beautiful tears.

PSG won't get near the final IMO.

Their midfield is poor, Motta is a few years past it, Rabiot is v. Inconsistent and not really good enough yet.

LB is a problem too, as is the keeper.

Neymar has fallen out with Emery and there's talk of dropping Mbappe for di Maria because of form.

The likes of Celtic and Anderlect can't expose those weaknesses but when the bigger teams, Barca, Real, us, show up, those problems will be exploited.

The front 3 is frightening, but it's not enough.

As it stands:

I agree those two are the ones to avoid currently. The main one to avoid would have been Napoli, but we have probably solved that problem for everybody.

I bet rags fans have already booked their trip to Porto as the chances are so high.

Worth noting while Sergio gets his award today that it's 4 years to the day since he established another record:

Today in 2013 – A night of records: MCFC beat CSKA Moscow 5-2 to qualify from the group stage of the Champions League for the 1st time (with 2 games left to play!). Negredo ‘the Beast’ scored a hat trick with his last goal being the very last action of the game (the ref whistled before play could recommence). Aguero netted twice – his first meant he overtook Francis Lee as City’s record goalscorer in Europe (Lee had 10 goals). Negredo’s hat trick was City’s first in the Champions League.

DON'T FORGET THE FOLLOWING.....

#MCFC club records that could be beaten this weekend v Arsenal:
Most wins in a row - all competitions: The current run/record is 14 and a win would take the sequence to 15.
Most career first team goals - 178 Aguero: this record could go week after week.
Most games without defeat all competitions: currently on 22 (since FAC semi defeat v Arsenal).

Also, Talksport claimed last year that the record winning sequence by any top flight club in England in all comps is 14 by Arsenal in 1987. City have equalled this, so if Talksport were right a win over Arsenal on Sunday will take the record off them! Here's Talksport's piece: https://talksport.com/football/most...itions-liverpool-man-united-arsenal-maybe?p=6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.