United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best way to judge a keeper is to look at their shots to saves ratio rather than clean sheets.

Not even the best keeper in the Premier League. All this "world class" business is simply the same media hype that sees the likes of Cleverly play for England. They play for the rags so they must be world class. Another example of the power of advertising.

Good spot batman
Too obvious.
I prefer Superman btw.
eRrvhbV.gif

I don't think he's any better or any worse than others in the Prem, but as has already been said it's because of who he plays for that he gets the adulation that he does.

I agree some routine saves he makes are given the Hollywood treatment but that's part and parcel of what the rags are all about - smoke and mirrors. A relatively tame shot from outside the area and he throws himself acrobatically across the goalmouth, seemingly defying the laws of gravity, and Martin Tyler's withered, flaccid prick suddenly resembles the Statue of Liberty.

For the rags, job done.

You think that he's alright but the fact he's conceded more goals in Manchester derbys than any keeper (from either team) before him makes him a bit shit ;-)
My word, this is like debating with a child. Was Jim Leighton in 1989/90 better than De Gea in 2011/12? Leighton conceded less in the derbies after all.

Each to their own mate but definitely think the alpaca is more of a show boater...he makes some great reflex saves but fuck me he does like to make camera saves.
The media big him up because he plays for the scum..if he was playing for somebody else he wouldn't get the accolades he gets now.
You're not wrong.

My word, this is like debating with a child. Was Jim Leighton in 1989/90 better than De Gea in 2011/12? Leighton conceded less in the derbies after all.

Mate we all have different opinions on what makes a keeper world class...I don't think the alpaca is but you obviously do.
Hard to prove who's right or wrong when it's just opinions ..but I'm right pmsl....
Don't get stressed about shit mate... opinions are like arseholes..we all have one and some stink

Not even the best keeper in the Premier League. All this "world class" business is simply the same media hype that sees the likes of Cleverly play for England. They play for the rags so they must be world class. Another example of the power of advertising.

I wonder why we get called bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.