The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who it was but someone on here mentioned the other day that they thought Spurs would focus on making as far a run as possible in the Champions League and finish outside of the top 5 to get a shot at the league with no European commitments next season. Not that I think they would deliberately do this for monetary reasons, but this is honestly Spurs' best chance of winning the league.
The costs of the new ground are increasing so they need the CL TV money.

I can't remember who it was but someone on here mentioned the other day that they thought Spurs would focus on making as far a run as possible in the Champions League and finish outside of the top 5 to get a shot at the league with no European commitments next season. Not that I think they would deliberately do this for monetary reasons, but this is honestly Spurs' best chance of winning the league.
That's not the dumbest of ideas when you think about what Chelsea and Leicester have done in the past. The only problem is keeping the players on board, because otherwise that's a slippery slope that won't be worth the trouble for them.

Watching Walker sit 11 points clear at the top of the table is going to have the likes of Kane asking themselves some big questions next summer I reckon.

Rose already seems to be looking for the exit.

Watching Walker sit 11 points clear at the top of the table is going to have the likes of Kane asking themselves some big questions next summer I reckon.

Rose already seems to be looking for the exit.
Frying pan and fire if he goes to the rags though... I suppose doubling his wages will numb the pain somewhat

Kane will not leave the Spuds. He can do no wrong in their eyes, even we he shoots on site rather than pass to someone in space. I do expect them to lose around 5 players Alderwerild, Rose, Lloris, Ericksen and Dele Ali.

Frying pan and fire if he goes to the rags though... I suppose doubling his wages will numb the pain somewhat

I think that is actually the main thing, compared to their rivals they get paid way less, they can likely live without winning trophies but when Luke Shaw gets paid twice as much as you do you must feel a bit aggrieved.

Kind of dissapointed in Spurs tbh, I thought them and Chelsea would be our biggest title challengers.

I'd take Ericksen and Alderweild at city in a heartbeat.

Kind of dissapointed in Spurs tbh, I thought them and Chelsea would be our biggest title challengers.

I'd take Ericksen and Alderweild at city in a heartbeat.

Eriksen would just be a bench warmer for us.
Alderweild on the other hand is one of the best CB’s in Europe and would make a world of difference for us.
Getting him on a free would be to funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.