Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Fantastic performance. Especially good because no discernible drop off in Daves absence. Special shout out to Elequim who I thought was very good indeed. Had Kane buttoned up and his distribution was excellent. Really pleased for him. Everyone was really at it yesterday and for the first time, we saw that we could maintain or improve performance levels even with some of our most important players unavailable. Pep is a fricking genius.

That's us beaten all the Clubs who could potentially challenge us for the title and we could easily have scored six today.
As someone who remembers the glory days of Lee, Summerbee and Bell, I've got to say these are the greatest times ever to be a City fan.

A passing Aston Villa fan here. It was my first chance to watch a full City match this season yesterday and I was in awe! Football at its best and I honestly cannot state who is going to stop the City train at the moment. Tottenham employed dirty, dirty tactics and it just seemed to spur you on. Will be following you more closely now and hoping and believing you’ll get a full house this year. Birmingham is rife with United fans and it’ll be fantastic seeing their reaction to that! Going off topic a bit here but I celebrated THAT Aguero goal like Villa had just won the Prem. My favour for Man City is maybe a little bit born out of hatred from them, but also because reading your forum you guys seem a humble bunch, who know that you’re making history thanks to the investment, as opposed to the arrogance of the red side of Manchester. Good luck to City! Your dynasty is here!!!
Welcome

A passing Aston Villa fan here. It was my first chance to watch a full City match this season yesterday and I was in awe! Football at its best and I honestly cannot state who is going to stop the City train at the moment. Tottenham employed dirty, dirty tactics and it just seemed to spur you on. Will be following you more closely now and hoping and believing you’ll get a full house this year. Birmingham is rife with United fans and it’ll be fantastic seeing their reaction to that! Going off topic a bit here but I celebrated THAT Aguero goal like Villa had just won the Prem. My favour for Man City is maybe a little bit born out of hatred from them, but also because reading your forum you guys seem a humble bunch, who know that you’re making history thanks to the investment, as opposed to the arrogance of the red side of Manchester. Good luck to City! Your dynasty is here!!!

Cheers mate. See you next season maybe!

Loved when Kev tell the lino to fuck off, cue spuds outraged for the insult to their 13th player while their 12th was letting them get away with murder kicking the fuck out of our players.

Plucked cockney cockatrices.

Maybe fuck off is have a nice day in Flemish???

Mangala, KDB and Sane were the standouts for me from a 9/10 performance from everyone but I think the substitution of Jesus for Aguero was fantastic. Spurs were starting to pile on the pressure, but Pep identified he needed Jesus' work rate to stop them playing from the back. A great day all round, atmosphere was excellent, team performance was breathtaking.

sensational performance given the opponents and players we had out, obviously KDB is the standout but good shouts to mangala and gundogan

What a brilliant game of football. Spurs fans will be happier than the rag scum last week because they had the guts to have a go at us, I don’t think anyone can moan when both teams give everything to win.

As for us, KDB possibly had the best game he’s ever had for us. In fact I’d go as far as saying that’s probably the best individual performance of any player I’ve ever seen at 34 years old. It had absolutely everything - his work rate is just phenomenal, he wins tackles, he closes people down as well as anyone, he tracks runners and his attitude just inspires the rest of his teammates. When you add his talent to the mix, his assists and goals and his ability to completely dominate games we surely have the best player in the world on our hands at the moment.

Special mentions to Mangala and Gundogan too. Mangala isn’t technically good enough we all know that but he deserves our full backing because he gives everything he’s got in every game. Gundogan is just pure class, he really looks like he’s getting his mojo back. He’s just one of those players you happily pay to watch, he’s not a Hollywood highlights reel player but just someone genuine football fans really appreciate.
I'd go along with all of that mate. Possibly the best all-round performance I've ever seen from a City player (KDB, obviously!) It had everything - workrate, closing down, tackling, moments of individual brilliance, glorious sweeping passes, winning a penalty, scoring a goal. He played like a man possessed.

Astonishing performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.