We've got enough....

Few of my criticisms of Pep:

1) Just play Delph as an inverted LB, I think he has the ability to atleast do that, and he has more pace than Dinho to sprint back. Adequate cover for Mendy imo.

2) It took him a whole year to try Sterling as a center forward, played him out wide all of last season and all of a sudden he is saying Sterling is better going at the CBs 1 on 1, how did he not figure this out about him, he played there all the time for Liverpool as a SS or CAM

3) If Aguero and Jesus aren't scoring goals then put Sane as one of the strikers instead, he has the pace and finishing he just is being asked to play soo wide he doesn't get goal scoring opportunities. I think him and Sterling are much faster than Jesus and Aguero, then if we persist with a 2 striker system play Sterling/Sane as the pacy forward, and Aguero/Jesus as the other forward.

4) If he wants to play Sane as a wing back then it has to be as an ultra attacking one, last season he actually had some spells where he looked good as a wing back (he terrorized Chelsea's Victor Moses), there is a problem if the other wingback (Walker) is attacking more than him, he needs to be used more like how Barca used Neymar last season in their 3-5-2 (3-3-4) experiment, where he played high and wide.

5) Don't play dinho in the 3-5-2 it is a terrible idea, you need creative midfielders in that setup, Toure/Gundogan/Zinchenko are much better suited.

6) FFS just turn Bernardo into Messi already, he isn't even fully fit or fully integrated and you can already see how amazing he will be for us, build the team around him and have Kevin and David support him in midfield.

That's quite a lot of shit you've wrote there.

It's early doors stop being so negative!. Aguero will start scoring again and will become our all time top scorer this season! Get of his back He's just as clinical. He Just isn't fit and looks abit rusty! I'm sick of fickle fans like yourself being so negative towards everything. We are 3 games into the season! none of the players are even 100% fit yet! just because we're not smashing teams like the start of last season doesn't mean anything! We won our 1st 10 games at the start of last season and where did that get us.??? We won nothing! Be patient and positive instead of looking at all the negatives. Theres better things ahead my friend. I'll always keep the faith and back my team and manager all the way. We will fight till the end once again I'm sure this year and will win the league!! it definitly won't be easy. we always do things the hard way. nothing is ever easy with us. just stop being so negative and come back Christmas time and talk to me about AguerO not being as clinical. How anybody can criticise that lad as a fan is beyond me. He's in his prime and will show all the fake fans what he's all about this year
I don't want to be negative but there are a number of concerns to be addressed and just wishing them away won't get us anywhere. Yes the legend that is Kun will break the record this season but will he score enough crucial big goals? He is sat on the bench for Argentina for a reason you know. Jesus is still too young to spearhead a challenge on his own for the title and a lot of our midfielders do appear somewhat goal shy. Who will stand up to be the 20 goal plus Yaya of yesteryear? Look I hope we go on to have a great season like we all do but to pretend that a number of structural weaknesses are not present is somewhat delusional

Few of my criticisms of Pep:

1) Just play Delph as an inverted LB, I think he has the ability to atleast do that, and he has more pace than Dinho to sprint back. Adequate cover for Mendy imo.

2) It took him a whole year to try Sterling as a center forward, played him out wide all of last season and all of a sudden he is saying Sterling is better going at the CBs 1 on 1, how did he not figure this out about him, he played there all the time for Liverpool as a SS or CAM

3) If Aguero and Jesus aren't scoring goals then put Sane as one of the strikers instead, he has the pace and finishing he just is being asked to play soo wide he doesn't get goal scoring opportunities. I think him and Sterling are much faster than Jesus and Aguero, then if we persist with a 2 striker system play Sterling/Sane as the pacy forward, and Aguero/Jesus as the other forward.

4) If he wants to play Sane as a wing back then it has to be as an ultra attacking one, last season he actually had some spells where he looked good as a wing back (he terrorized Chelsea's Victor Moses), there is a problem if the other wingback (Walker) is attacking more than him, he needs to be used more like how Barca used Neymar last season in their 3-5-2 (3-3-4) experiment, where he played high and wide.

5) Don't play dinho in the 3-5-2 it is a terrible idea, you need creative midfielders in that setup, Toure/Gundogan/Zinchenko are much better suited.

6) FFS just turn Bernardo into Messi already, he isn't even fully fit or fully integrated and you can already see how amazing he will be for us, build the team around him and have Kevin and David support him in midfield.
You make some good points but not sure about Delph though will he stay fit for a start? We really do need to be trying Sane and Sterling out more in a central role and your suggestion of playing them in a two with Jesus or Kun might work. Dinho really concerns me. If you play him you are lacking vision and creativity/game building but if you leave him out you lose his energy and drive. How we use Bernardo and Gundogen if he gets back fit will be crucial to our chances this season.

@Andrew_K RE "
- DM/pivot, Dinho is horrible in this role, and it's not his fault. A move for Weigl should be made next summer.
- 1-2 CBs with playmaking abilities. A defender like Bonucci would drastically improve us just because he's a fantastic passer with a good vision. He doesn't even need to be better defensively than our current lot."
Fernandinho is great at defense in midfield - but as I've watched him lately, he just doesn't have good passing ability in attack. At fullback, he's hopeless - he doesn't even anticipate opponent's threats as fullback - simply not moving to cut off passes or to follow runners.

What role do you think Fernandinho fills? I thought he'd make a great pivot - he certainly has the defensive nous for this - but his long pass/linking ability seems really lacking to me for this role.

We now know that we don't have enough as our first big game Kompany is injured so we have a choice of a back 4 with Stones and Otamendi or a back 3 with Stones, Otamendi and one of Mangala or Tosin.

Can see this thread rearing its head throughout the season. Last year it was obvious we needed new fullbacks and didn't get them till this. This year we needed centre half cover for Kompany Pep even on record saying this and we haven't got it!! We are doomed I say doomed!

We should not have a problem scoring goals, with the players we have.

If a side had half of the attck we have, & the rest of the squad the same, I would rate them as rivals for the title.

If the manager cannot persuade these guys to start scoring, he is doing something wrong.
do u remember my comments on the 1st of September??
Houston we have a problem.
We don't convert enough of the chances we create. This was a problem last season and has carried on into this. Aguero isn't as clinical as he was and our midfielders cannot finish to save their lives. We have no target men to get on the end of crosses. The club recognized this problem but has failed to address it by bringing in another striker.
In defence we look more solid but we need to recognize that Mangala needs to be part of the defensive squad and get playing time. However PEP doesn't seem to rate him so I suspect when we get injuries he will shuffle the defensive formation around to avoid playing the Mangler, to our cost.
These issues need to addressed in training and better tactics. In attack less of the slow build up and faster breaks from defence. More shooting early and on sight should be encouraged.
so negative!!!! do u remember my reply to your absolute nonsense comment back on the 1st of sept 2017?? Go back and look!!! to many negative fans like yourself need to get a grip when things are not going great. I'm sure we will lose soon enough and will go through a bad patch but u know what I'm back my team and players to the fullest that's what true city's fans do. Especially players like Sergio!!!!

do u remember my comments on the 1st of September??

so negative!!!! do u remember my reply to your absolute nonsense comment back on the 1st of sept 2017?? Go back and look!!! to many negative fans like yourself need to get a grip when things are not going great. I'm sure we will lose soon enough and will go through a bad patch but u know what I'm back my team and players to the fullest that's what true city's fans do. Especially players like Sergio!!!!
Houston we have a problem.
We don't convert enough of the chances we create. This was a problem last season and has carried on into this. Aguero isn't as clinical as he was and our midfielders cannot finish to save their lives. We have no target men to get on the end of crosses. The club recognized this problem but has failed to address it by bringing in another striker.
In defence we look more solid but we need to recognize that Mangala needs to be part of the defensive squad and get playing time. However PEP doesn't seem to rate him so I suspect when we get injuries he will shuffle the defensive formation around to avoid playing the Mangler, to our cost.
These issues need to addressed in training and better tactics. In attack less of the slow build up and faster breaks from defence. More shooting early and on sight should be encouraged.
It's early doors stop being so negative!. Aguero will start scoring again and will become our all time top scorer this season! Get of his back He's just as clinical. He Just isn't fit and looks abit rusty! I'm sick of fickle fans like yourself being so negative towards everything. We are 3 games into the season! none of the players are even 100% fit yet! just because we're not smashing teams like the start of last season doesn't mean anything! We won our 1st 10 games at the start of last season and where did that get us.??? We won nothing! Be patient and positive instead of looking at all the negatives. Theres better things ahead my friend. I'll always keep the faith and back my team and manager all the way. We will fight till the end once again I'm sure this year and will win the league!! it definitly won't be easy. we always do things the hard way. nothing is ever easy with us. just stop being so negative and come back Christmas time and talk to me about AguerO not being as clinical. How anybody can criticise that lad as a fan is beyond me. He's in his prime and will show all the fake fans what he's all about this year

My post on 1st of September when things wasn't looking so good. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.