Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

I don't have a problem with Burnley or any other mid to low table premiership team. I think Dyche has done a great job to get them where they are. What I do have a gripe with is when most teams come to the Etihad singing where were you when ... and your just a ... , Then moan when they get it back in spades. We have been one of the most loyal fan bases, especially with Trafford troglodytes winning everything while we were yoyoing up and down the leagues. It wouldn't surprise me that if a lot of their fans when they were in the lower leagues, were Trafford or bin dipper fans.
When Maureen's Chelsea (first time round) used to come to our ground, their fans used to chant 'You're only here for the Chelsea'. They didn't grasp the idea that we were getting over 46,000 virtually every home game.

When Maureen's Chelsea (first time round) used to come to our ground, their fans used to chant 'You're only here for the Chelsea'. They didn't grasp the idea that we were getting over 46,000 virtually every home game.
What gets me is we are the only ones who get, the where were you... You see pictures of The Swamp and Stamford Bridge with its running track holding about 30,000 in the 80''sand 90's. Why did Arsenal build The Emirates, West Ham move into the Olympic Stadium and Spur building new White Hart Lane, is it for loads of shinny new seats or is it to attract new fans.

What gets me is we are the only ones who get, the where were you... You see pictures of The Swamp and Stamford Bridge with its running track holding about 30,000 in the 80''sand 90's. Why did Arsenal build The Emirates, West Ham move into the Olympic Stadium and Spur building new White Hart Lane, is it for loads of shinny new seats or is it to attract new fans.

Chelsea had one season when away fans were banned when attendances were less than 10,000. Newcastle were much the same.

The rags have been the best supporterted in terms of numbers regardless of empty seats for many years now but they invented the glory hunters tag!

the burnley fan and a few people recently have said if pep was manager at united they would be top of the league. really? come on how many of their players would you like at city. maybe de gea but eddie will be better in 2 years at most. i think martial would do well at city but i would not swap any other of their squad for ours. so no if pep was at united they would still be miles behind this city team
Churlish not to say De Gea is now widely regarded as the world's best. But I'm certain he wouldn't get in a Pep team - purely and simply because he's not a sweeper keeper. Progress in the Champions League will see Ederson being regarded in the elite group of goalkeepers - we know he already is though.

Watching the match all I could think about was "Typical City". After nicking it in the end I think that it might mean something different now...

is it me or did Fernandinho pick up a man marker, just shows how other teams are recognizing his importance to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.