Singing section/Atmosphere

The final part of my post about sticking the families next to the away fans was very much tong in cheek, but I am amused that some on here seem to think that’s a good idea , obviously they don’t have children of there own.

There is actually quite a large number of family stand season ticket holders and I’m sure the club would have relocated or reduce the Fs should there not be the demand, yes there are empty seats in this area, a lot of thease are club and community tickets that don’t get used. And Night time games are a problem.

I’d have no doubt a safe standing lower tier would sell out, cheeper tickets for one but where are thease thousands of mythical singers coming from ..
Is it not practically standing now in the south and corner, so won’t it be just relocation of the same people to the north Stand ( you would probably lose a good few of the vocal ones who would prefer to stay next to the away fans) shouldn’t you try maybe filling out the bottom tier southstand with singers before you go slinging families out of there seats . And have the 1894 group already tried this with no real evidence of filling a tier let alone a stand with singers.

Personally I don't think that is a good idea, I would just inform them as previously stated that it is going to be the new standing (hopefully) / singing section and their match day experience may be effected by this. That why they can stick if they won't but don't moan if someone is stood up in front of you, swearing etc. That isn't city forcing them to move, it would be them choosing not to stay there.

Obviously with stuff like community tickets just shove them in the third tier somewhere, they hardly need to be right at the front. There is no need to relocate FS season tickets holders for the club at the moment that's why. Until plans are coming into action it is a waste of time in case plans change.

As mentioned by JRB above in response I don't understand everybodys thought about there needing to be thousands and thousands in one section, Just a core together. I completely agree with previous comments that if redone as the South stand is there will be no change at all, even with the implementation of safe standing. I think it needs one premier league club to really get behind their fans and have the balls to bring the issue up with the FA and the government but that is another matter. They don't care if it isn't Wimbledon.

If you look at Palace as mentioned or Celtic, the Union bears at Rangers, Bayern Munich, Gladbach (the first out of the two times was one of the best atmospheres I have seen btw), PSG, Dortmund to some extend to name a few all of these have good atmospheres and the core is just a couple of hundred up to a thousand or so. It is all about what those around them are like joining in with stuff. A more open stand helps with that. If you put one big stand or even one biggish with a small upper tier as with the picture somebody posted before (think it was Schalke) people would hear more whats going on and hopefully feel more inclined to get involved. The amount of people I know that was due to go in South Stand one but decided on SS3 instead because they save £50 quid or so a year is unreal. Given the queue to get in and not being able to stand I wouldn't have thought it worth it. Do something to get them to want to move to one stand, which I think a lot of people would. Possible cheaper pricing with rail seats. Maybe leading to more youth?

One thing for certain though is that I wouldn't have a bottom tier as a singing section and one above a smaller family stand. Defeats the object because of reasons given above. The south stand is mainly filled with the people who have always been in the south standing except one block, the change might to the other end might just be what is needed.

Out of the box.......
Perhaps club could pay a number to sing ?
At our wedding few year ago we got a friends proper choir to come and sing in church. Other than that you end up with just Vicar and a few mumbling uncomfortable drunks singing, mouthing or whatever. But cos we had a dozen enthusiastic amateurs ( we covered their expenses.) giving it gusto the rest of congregation were comfortable giving it a go. Safety in numbers an all. The outcome plumbers , joiners and a few big lads , lads along with rest were carried along and hymns and shit were sung with real gusto and relaxed , 'fun' enjoyable ease.
Even as the guy going to the gallows that day it was a real enjoyable highlight for me . Still remember now.......just don't tell her indoors.

So maybe not that out of the box. If you have a leak you call a plumber ? We want singers then what about flyers to community choir s. You only need a dozen with a song sheet to light the fuse ...... Only a few year ago it was the vogue for all these flash mob dance groups etc. The idea isn't that silly.

Not a chance of there ever being safe standing in SS3, its too steep, and H&S would never allow it. SS2 will also go corporate when the NS is extended, so that won't be happening either.

@Prophet of Doom - An observation about acoustics, I normally sit in 315 (where the amazing Burnley and Bristol C fans have been located), and whilst the atmosphere varies, when its good, its good, and the proximity of the roof is the reason why, and from there we rarely hear the SS1 singers.

Against Burnley I was moved down into SS1, in the SW corner, and whilst I could hear the singing section, and see they were singing, even that close, the noise generated by them is not loud (no roof above), and they were completely drowned out by the away fans above.
Any move to standing, if done correctly, would require some renovations (one of the reasons the club likely doesn’t want to do it) and safety measures could be put in place similar to other sections in stadiums around the continent that would allow for SS3 to be perfectly safe for standing.

As far as SS2 going corporate, I wasn’t aware that was planned. Is that confirmed (as in shown in one of the phases of the expansion/development plan released by the club) or is that just what you think would happen (which, having been away for a few years, I would still trust your predictions more than mine—just trying to get a sense of the confidence in that change).

We're out of the habit of creating our own atmosphere because the club force feed us motivational videos (you're not playing 11, you're playing us all) and corporate messages til the second the ref blows the whistle. I can't hear myself think, it's difficult to talk to the person next to you sometimes, let alone think about singing. Switch everything off 15 mins before kick off and we'll soon get in the habit of singing again. We used to sing each players own song at Maine Road when thy were warming up before kick off. It's the same at half time too. Surely it's worth a try for a few home games?

Out of the box.......
At our wedding few year ago we got a friends proper choir to come and sing in church. Other than that you end up with just Vicar and a few mumbling uncomfortable drunks singing, mouthing or whatever. But cos we had a dozen enthusiastic amateurs ( we covered their expenses.) giving it gusto the rest of congregation were comfortable giving it a go. Safety in numbers an all. The outcome plumbers , joiners and a few big lads , lads along with rest were carried along and hymns and shit were sung with real gusto and relaxed , 'fun' enjoyable ease.
Even as the guy going to the gallows that day it was a real enjoyable highlight for me . Still remember now.......just don't tell her indoors.

So maybe not that out of the box. If you have a leak you call a plumber ? We want singers then what about flyers to community choir s. You only need a dozen with a song sheet to light the fuse ...... Only a few year ago it was the vogue for all these flash mob dance groups etc. The idea isn't that silly.

you was obviously never near the club band at youth games in the CFA... they took enjoyment from being paid for people to shout shut the fuck up to them

Any move to standing, if done correctly, would require some renovations (one of the reasons the club likely doesn’t want to do it) and safety measures could be put in place similar to other sections in stadiums around the continent that would allow for SS3 to be perfectly safe for standing.

As far as SS2 going corporate, I wasn’t aware that was planned. Is that confirmed (as in shown in one of the phases of the expansion/development plan released by the club) or is that just what you think would happen (which, having been away for a few years, I would still trust your predictions more than mine—just trying to get a sense of the confidence in that change).
There is no way that H&S will sanction safe/rail standing in level SS3 imho, its too steep, and to high, plus it is used (as this week) by the away supporters for cup games, and the police won't move the away fans. In the PL, it hasn't been sanctioned anywhere yet, but it will only ever be small sections at low levels imho, even if it is ever sanctioned.

As for corporate in level 2, I don't think it is confirmed, but given that the main corporate area for the east and west stand corporate seating, 93:20, is behind the south stand level 2 seating, which also now includes a corporate area of seating for the restaurant above it, its a natural extension to think that those SS2 seats will go the same way eventually, once we expand again. The NS extension may be different of course, we'll see once the plans come out again, it may be deemed that we have enough corporate by extending into SS2.

you was obviously never near the club band at youth games in the CFA... they took enjoyment from being paid for people to shout shut the fuck up to them
I was on about singing.......not a drummer or trumpeter......this is about the singing section right ? Why would we all suspect a pissed up 40 something would do it better than those who are their just to sing......

Like I said you have a leak you call a plumber NOT a florist.
As many flags as you like won't improve singing.
I actually don't sing . And I would expect pro s on half a mill a month to do the job on the pitch any Ho.
Dortmund and Celtic are not the best in the world regardless of atmosphere so all rather irrelevant

City do community work so why not get involved with a choir locally . Will it make it worse or could it possibly make it 1% better........

I was on about singing.......not a drummer or trumpeter......this is about the singing section right ? Why would we all suspect a pissed up 40 something would do it better than those who are their just to sing......

Like I said you have a leak you call a plumber NOT a florist.
As many flags as you like won't improve singing.
I actually don't sing . And I would expect pro s on half a mill a month to do the job on the pitch any Ho.
Dortmund and Celtic are not the best in the world regardless of atmosphere so all rather irrelevant

City do community work so why not get involved with a choir locally . Will it make it worse or could it possibly make it 1% better........

Same principal. Not a natural atmosphere.

To be honest with you I thought you was joking in regards to your first comment hence my sarcastic response. If you was being serious who am I to judge but I'll just leave it at that...

Out of the box.......

Just round up all the ex X factor finalists...problem solved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.