Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got his strengths and is slowly adapting to the Prem but my worry is his shooting is very weak and he is one sided ( left).
Fundamentally I can't see this changing but with a bit of old fashioned work in training I'm sure his shooting ability ( particularly on his stronger side) could be improved.
Shooting isn't his game.
B. Silva excels at retaining the ball and breaking down defenses with passes. He can supply the odd goal - but we didn't buy him for his shooting.

Shooting isn't his game.
B. Silva excels at retaining the ball and breaking down defenses with passes. He can supply the odd goal - but we didn't buy him for his shooting.
I agree but as things stand he's not even going to supply the 'odd goal'.
Last night was a good example.
What's wrong with him practising shooting in training?
Maybe strengthening his leg muscles to provide more power? I'm not a sports training expert but I'm sure there are measures that can be taken to improve this side of his game.

The best coaches look at what players can bring, not what they can't. Bernardo is a very gifted player who is young. He will improve and become one of the world's very best attacking midfielders IMO.

Can't understand the over the top criticism here.

He is still getting used to the league. I thought he did well against Bristol while playing mostly false 9, RW and in the middle. He showed his quality many times and came up with the game winning assist. Yea he is inconsistent right now but for me his class is obvious, he will only get better and we will probably see the real Bernardo next season.

Just watched that back, the first thing that jumped out at me was how much Bristol DID pack the defence when they didn't have the ball. Not parking the bus in the traditional sense, but they put a hell of a shift in to do that, then attack with numbers as well. I don't think their fitness can be questioned.

Just watched that back, the first thing that jumped out at me was how much Bristol DID pack the defence when they didn't have the ball. Not parking the bus in the traditional sense, but they put a hell of a shift in to do that, then attack with numbers as well. I don't think their fitness can be questioned.

In part due to us not moving the ball quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.