Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess he's still adjusting, seemed to be on a slightly different wavelength and it's early, but I hoped he'd be much more influential.

Hopefully the game time and getting used to his team mates and all the nuances of our attacking movements will see him flourish.

too many touches at times. that slows himself and our overall play. Bit Nasriish at times. he's obviously extremely talented player so he should come fine with time- after sane's first few months when he looked much worse, I'll never write off such talented players too early.

Great technical player, but I said in the match thread, that he was too busy! Seemed to not give ilkay and Yaya any space to work, will come good but I think if he plays centre again he needs Kev or Dave besides him to direct

He drifted wide too often for me, to the extent that in the 2nd half Sterling ended up almost as a central midfielder at times - which he isn't. In that line-up Bernardo needed to be the chief creator in the middle and overall he was disappointing given the opposition - however well Wolves played they are still a Championship side and didn't play a full strength team.

He needs to do a Sane and toughen up to the premiership requirements. For large periods of the game seemed to pass him by as it did for Sane and Merlin when he first arrived. Give him time and I am certain he will come good.

Nowhere near direct enough right now.

Thankfully we're in no rush with him, he can take his time to adjust.

This time last year Sane was still finding his feet, so all will be good given time.

Pretty underwhelming again for me. I suspect we'll start to see some adjustments and improvement within a few matches. A little bit of a worry of mine is that he's caught in no man's land regarding his position. Is he an 8 or a winger? He's best suited as a 10 or RM in a 4-4-2 but I have no doubts Pep and Bernie will figure it out. It's just taking a little longer than anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.