Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Maybe next year will be our year to break that anfield hoodoo.
Pigs will fly.
We need to come out of the traps quickly and play more defensively to start denying them space.
Year after year we fail to come out of the traps quickly enough and make stupid panicky mistakes.
Not enough bottle I'm afraid

Last edited:
Over and over again this season Pep has said, "It’s not losing. We will lose. What interests me is how we then react". Ten minutes of total brainfart threw this game away, and then we came back and had them bricking it with that final free kick. That was a good reaction. The true meaning of this game will ony become clear over the next two or three matches. In the meantime yes, deeply pissed off to have lost to the fucking dippers for the umpteenth time. It seems to have happening all my life.
Easily the most disappointing aspect of today: the way Raheem froze. I really wasn’t expecting that.
For the dippers, let them add another page to add to the annals of their ‘istree. "The day we ended the unbeatables’ run."
Remind me: who’s top of the league again?

Crap defending did for us but we showed some spirit to come back from 4-1.
I think it's going to be a big wake up call. We Will kick on and beat Newcastle and wba if we have the right mentality

If you`d told me at the beginning of the season we`ll lose at Anfield but be 12 points (possibly, but not likely 15 points) in front after 23 games I`d have snapped your hand off.

Maybe next year will be our year to break that anfield hoodoo.
More chance of them breaking their Premier League hoodoo next year.

As for today: The first half was fairly even and had that header gone in early in the second half I think we'd have won. But we had a spell under pressure and couldn't clear our lines before Stones fucked up again. We then gifted them a further two goals without mounting a single decent attack. That we only lost by one might give some comfort but the defending for their 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals was complete, total and utter shite.
Other than that, it was fucking cold, the view of the near goal was bloody awful and Scousers are a strange fucking breed who love in the past along with our ridiculous neighbours.
If the twunts put as much effort into find jobs as they did into booing Sterling then perhaps the place could be done up a bit.
Burger was OK though.

No one questioned it. What's being questioned is why have a player on the bench who is unable to play. Also should have come on at half time although you're right we went from 1-1 to 4-1 in no time so maybe felt not to risk him at that point.
And that was my point, he was able to play, so that is why he was on the bench, he clearly was warming up just before the second goal, as our fans sang his song for at least 2 minutes, I assume because he was warming up (wasn't there), then we went 1-1 to 4-1 very quickly, no need to risk him then for me.

You're the second person who makes no sense. Him being out of position doesn't make it not a foul. Sound like them idiots when they blamed Ederson for getting kicked in the head "he shouldn't be that far out" he was out of position yes he was fouled yes
My point is that its interpretation from the ref weather the nudge is deemed as a foul. Stones didn't appeal for a foul nor any players..days it all. Maybe we just agree to disagree.

Like I said the defence is just protected by the midfield that control the opposition usually in their own half. Otamendi and Stones are both average at defending.

thats the same for pretty much every defence in the league. chelseas defence protected by kante and bakayoko. united - matic and herrara..... spurs - dier. they have shown this season to be more then good enough at defending. are you just going to ignore the entire season ??

name me one defender one defender in England that hasn't made mistakes this season. I'm going to bet swell if other teams played the way we did - pass out of the back, then msot defenders would make the odd mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.