Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

It was a clear foul on stones he’s an idiot for not going down. Sadly, you don’t get decisions for staying on your feet. It’s right what they said about our defence all season, it’s an accident waiting to happen and if our midfield wasn’t so good they’d be cocking up every game.
Wasn't a foul IMO, both Stones and Firminho went for the ball fair n square, Firminho out muscled him, simple as.

Yes we have been spoiled and hopefully a lot more to come, but our involvement in their goals was appalling to say the least. It can't be dressed up any other way. F&!*ing terrible goals for a top team to give away.
Yeah, and I've already said that. My comment was about the whole performance, and it wasn't any of those words, just below par.

He's been ill, on top of the other issue with his child. I suspect he'd have been brought on at 2-1 to help us win the game, but we went from 2-1 to 4-1 quickly, and that point it probably looked pointless. Apparently he didn't come on on the pitch for the pre match warm up, so maybe he had a relapse of the illness ?

I don't think, given the current situation, that David's commitment needs questioning.

No one questioned it. What's being questioned is why have a player on the bench who is unable to play. Also should have come on at half time although you're right we went from 1-1 to 4-1 in no time so maybe felt not to risk him at that point.

Must say, I've watched it again on spn, there is a nudge on stones's back but his positioning is all wrong just before the nudge. He should have done better. Football has never been reffed according to the laws of the game 100% as its down to interpretation in some scenarios. I love stones but I do fault him but won't slate him for it. If a sergio goal is disallowed for such a small nudge would you be screaming foul?
It’s not that it is a nudge, it is that it is in the back of a player in position that completely changes the relative possession of the ball and leaves him one on one with the keeper.

It was a foul. Everyone knew it, but it’s water under the bridge now. Changed the game, especially considering we were on top at the time, and we were not at the races for 5 minutes and game (almost) over!

When you want to attack and leVe your defence vulnerable against the next best attacking side in the League, you can expect to let a few chances happen.....both teams did, but they won the midfield battle, because two of our three in midfield had below par (for them) games and neither wide player, either ahead or behind them, were able to fill in for the deficit. You can usually live with one or even two players not having a good solid game against most opposition, but when the number becomes 4, 5, maybe 6, and the opposition is a strong team playing very well, you are going to pay dearly.

Today, “dearly” was a first loss of the season, to the best team in the League (on current form), at a stadium where we appear incapable of putting on a big performance. However, we lost by one goal and are 5 wins and GD ahead with 15 games to play.

I’d rather be in City’s position, but it’s clear a few players need to up today’s performance to the ridiculously consistent “only brilliant” of the last 22 games!

I expect Sanchez in the Team by next weekend!

Gundogan in the midfield 2 was the question to change it up by pep and only he knows why silva was on the bench maybe he knows best and judging the season so far you dare not question pep or the players today just move on and leave it in liverpool and soon it will be forgotten and nobody won or lost the title today

That was more than a little disappointing.

Firstly for the umpteenth year we give them an early goal, get the crowd going and looked a little lost for a while. We get a goal out of nothing and get to have time and we all hope we regroup. Instead more of the error strewn passing and very little up front.

We concede a bad goal, then another and almost an instant fourth before we get punished for Ederson’s first big mistake. Up to that point we were a pale shadow of ourselves.

To credit the players we kept going but the hole we’d dug for ourselves was too deep.

Have to credit De Bruyne and Sane for keeping going. Sterling, Aguero, Stones, Fernandinho and Otamendi were poor in different ways. Gundogan was pretty anonymous until we were 4-1 down.

The most disappointing thing for me was how much we lost our heads after Firmino’s goal, no one took control of the game until it was too late.

I don’t disagree with any of this but I think for the first ten minutes of the second half we were the better side - Ottamendi was unlucky hitting the woodwork. Then after the second goal the brain fart began

haven't we got one of the best defensive records in the league ? yes we concede or make the odd mistake, but you are severely over exaggerating how bad we apparently are.
We'd still have the best, if we hadn't gifted them 4 goals today, its generally been very good this season, but today it looked like last seasons defence (at times).

haven't we got one of the best defensive records in the league ? yes we concede or make the odd mistake, but you are severely over exaggerating how bad we apparently are.

with the way we pass out of the back we are bound to make errors at times. that just the type of football we play.
Like I said the defence is just protected by the midfield that control the opposition usually in their own half. Otamendi and Stones are both average at defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.