Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite incredible from Uniteds standpoint that they are willing to pay £400k pw to a player who quite clearly wants to join us.

It looks like we have seen Sanchez's willingness to discuss terms with United, as a sign that he is not 100% committed to us and we have walked away. United have decided that they are not bothered that he is not 100% committed to them and instead have offered him an unbelievable package and they will get the player.

Part of me thinks we have done the correct thing, standing up to agents etc. The other part of me thinks, I would bloody love him at City.

He will sell a lot of shirts you know....hence why they will probably spunk this amount of wages on him - ala Di Maria

Who's driving this narrative? The press? Have we officially stated we've walked away from it?

I ask because it looks horrific if we've gone back in over the top.

It doesn't look great but I'd hardly call it horrific. Not sure I'm arsed one way or the other if we've gone back in with improved terms. Don't get me wrong, I can understand the club's stance with not paying a player way more than the next highest earners but when it comes to principles and whatnot, principles in football are in short supply. Regarding Sanchez, I'll back whatever stance the club decides on.

He has chosen money over a Premiership winners medal, fuck the greedy ****.
It's not quite that simple, yes he might end up with a winners medal, but there will always be an asterisk next to it as we are comfortably double figures clear. The only way this is a long term story is if he comes and we blow the lead, then he is the guy who screwed up the chemistry(The Rodney Marsh if you will).

It doesn't look great but I'd hardly call it horrific. Not sure I'm arsed one way or the other if we've gone back in with improved terms. Don't get me wrong, I can understand the club's stance with not paying a player way more than the next highest earners but when it comes to principles and whatnot, principles in football are in short supply. Regarding Sanchez, I'll back whatever stance the club decides on.
I was affected by the dramatics of it all. Ok, pretty bad.

I'd love to know who released the salary details. United, as much as it pains me to say it have played a good hand of poker here. If they've released the details they've basically either put us off the player or at the very least made everyone aware of how much we will be paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.