Bereavement

PinkFinal

I'm starting this thread for anyone who is struggling after bereavement.

I lost my mum last night. She was 75. She was having breathing problems and was in hospital. She was all set for release but suddenly took a turn for the worst.

I think I've accepted it. Been crying lots but now feel numb. It doesn't seem real. Here one moment gone the next.
I'm glad I was there when she passed and that I said what I had to.

Been thinking about my childhood and everything my mum did for me. Of course I feel regretful for all the times I put her through grief. But she wasn't perfect, no one is.

Was reading this so much good advice.

https://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-cope-bereavement

I lost my mum last night. She was 75. She was having breathing problems and was in hospital. She was all set for release but suddenly took a turn for the worst.

I think I've accepted it. Been crying lots but now feel numb. It doesn't seem real. Here one moment gone the next.

Been thinking about my childhood and everything my mum did for me. Of course I feel regretful for all the times I put her through grief. But she wasn't perfect, no one is.

https://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-cope-bereavement

So sorry for your loss.
Lost my mother and my Dad in the last 18 months but they were both a good age 87 and 94. Both had had a rough few years towards the end so as sad as it was it was also a mercy. The grief fades away but the sadness stays mixed with happier thoughts from the past.

So sorry for your loss pal lost mine recently you never get over it you just have to get on with it for the sake of your own family, I think daily of her and would give anything to hear her voice again, it's a pain like I've never felt before,I still shed a tear once they've gone to bed if I see something on tv that reminds me of her take care m8 it's a difficult time

Sorry for your loss mate.

I know exactly what youre feeling as i lost my mum almost two years ago now,she was only 68.Nothing can prepare you for such and without doubt it changes everything,i have felt an emptiness ever since.

I guess time does make things easier but i doubt a day will pass without you thinking about her and her influence on you,more than anything i just miss her being there whenever i needed a chat or a shoulder to lean/cry on.

If you have a wife/partner then make sure you chat,don't bottle anything up and remember the good times,cry as much as you want.Take care pal.

Sorry for your loss.

Lost my mum this summer just a couple of years older than yours but with roughly the same issues.

I think about her almost everyday, she had a thing about the weather.

Remember there's no shame in shedding a year or two.

Take care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.