Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to keep spending to stay at the top for years to come. All the kids who've come from the academy have looked very lightweight and out of their depth. It is used to loan players out and make player sales like we did with Kelechi, Enes Unal and Rony Lopes- so in business terms its another way to cook the books legally and help us make sales to give us more transfer funds. Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden aren't exceptional or anywhere near as talented as Gabriel Jesus so you can't just play a kid for the sake of it. They have to be Sane level for us to even consider playing them.
Buy kids cheap and sell them on for good money to give us the funds to help us spend more wonga on premium talent overseas. Happy days.

So, what’s the message..?
The message I would get as a promising young player is Don’t Sign For City. As soon as a player gets injured the cheque book comes out.

Why sign Silva and Gundogan if we would rather splash the cash than adapt tactically to injuries by utilising the great players we have on the bench?

Silva did fine on the left when he came on. This should be his chance to shine.

If we have the cash then a backup for Fern would be my priority.

Pep went in the record and said the club cannot pay eighty mill for a player. Can’t see Leicester settling for fifty in this insane market anyway.

Totally agree. Do you think you would accept 70m? If so can see it getting done.
It's a reasonable offer a certainly more acceptable, I just think the club have VVD money in their mind... £65m, £5m pretty much nailed on bonuses and wipe £5m off what we owe for Iheanacho... this is like playing football manager.

I think what people need to remember is that in our form we're chasing 6th and Europe. Mahrez is the difference between finishing 6th and 12th or lower for us. When you're talking about £2m+ per position, plus lack of Europe. Losing him now could potentially COST us £15-20m this season alone, let alone going forward.

It's not just about how good he is, it's about his worth to us.

We need to keep spending to stay at the top for years to come. The academy is a waste of time for me in all honesty. It is used to loan players out and make player sales like we did with Kelechi, Enes Unal and Rony Lopes- so in business terms its another way to cook the books legally and help us make sales to give us more transfer funds. Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden aren't exceptional or anywhere near as talented as Gabriel Jesus so you can't just play a kid for the sake of it. They have to be Sane level for us to even consider playing them.
Foden is definitely exceptional, he's just too young to make impact on this level.

I know.

How annoying to read on these boards and elsewhere the zeal with which people advocate playing Diaz and Foden full-time; so we throw our talented 17 and 18 year olds, neither of whom is a winger, into the pressure cooker environment that's the end of season in 4 competitions?!? Pep is handling these young talents just the proper way...thank you very much.

Just seen Barney Ronay's tweet and as I am not on twitter I'd like to thank Barney here for speaking sense; lots of his colleagues talking nonsense about Foden and Diaz.

Sorry but even though i love the idea of home grown talent Foden, Tosin and Diaz are not quite ready If we need something to keep us in a game would you look to them AT PRESENT to get us back in it?
If we keep buying top class established players from other clubs, ready or not, there is almost no opportunity for our academy players to prove themselves.

Now Sane us injured is a perfect chance to give Diaz and Zinchenko a run in his position.

No it's not, Coutinho wanted to leave, VVD wanted to leave. Clubs dug their heels in and got what they wanted, I really wish people would stop expecting a cash rich club to accept what is in effect well under current market value for a proven premier league player.

Any leverage gained if Mangala goes the other way you think? To lower the asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.