How many points to win the league?

This team and Pep deserve immortality.

For that reason, I want us rubbing every nose in it.

No half-arsed token gesture teams, putting the kids in.

Try and break Chelsea's 96 points, with only one loss against our name and record goals scored to really underline how revered this team should be.

Anything over 20 points has to be the target and be realistic.
Chelsea record is 95 isn’t it?

This team and Pep deserve immortality.

For that reason, I want us rubbing every nose in it.

No half-arsed token gesture teams, putting the kids in.

Try and break Chelsea's 96 points, with only one loss against our name and record goals scored to really underline how revered this team should be.

Anything over 20 points has to be the target and be realistic.

If we end this season properly we'll be half way to winning next season's league too.

None of our rivals have the mentality to stand up to a side that can break 100 points and won by 20pts. They'll know they can't match a team that good, they'll know that 1 summer won't make them 20+ points better.

We've seen out points gap concertina this season, and as we stand today is a whopping SIXTEEN points. Just wow. Now the spoilt brat that I am, wants that gap firmly in double figures. Is 20 clear a step too far even for this squad? We face Arsenal and Chelsea next in the league. Think United face Chelsea and Palace.. My hope is our results better theirs by 1 point and when we get to the derby have it at 17 points, ready to win and go 20 points clear. A dream too far?

Ok to dream!

I think if the stats say 96 v 78 ... to get an even bigger gap it's more likely that the 78 will be lower than 96 higher but that's just my guess.

I really like that the chances of us not winning it now are 1 in 1000 but some are still wary.

I think priority should be cup competitions once league is secured rather than running up points total. It would be good if we break some points and goals scored total but not at expense of another trophy.

I think priority should be cup competitions once league is secured rather than running up points total. It would be good if we break some points and goals scored total but not at expense of another trophy.

True but the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona believe that they should win every game even friendlies as it leads to a winning mentality and I think that's the way Pep sees it. Win all the time as the less important ones affects momentum for the more important ones which is why he has the big guns on the bench in the less important matches.....just in case.

Any bonus points if we win this......

Manchester City is delighted to announce it will be hosting the Second Edition of the City Cup in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on Friday 23rd March and Saturday 24th March 2018.

The tournament promises to be a unique experience for all involved, and the winning teams from each age group will be entered into a draw to win an all-expenses paid trip to the City Football Academy in Manchester, United Kingdom.

Date: 23rd - 24th March 2018

To get to 81 we only need 0.82 points per game, so relegation form, from a team who are currently averaging over 2.6 points per game.

To put that into context, united need 25 points from 11 games, that is nearly 2.3 points per game, liverpool need above 2.45 ppg, chelsea above 2.5 ppg, spurs above 2.6 ppg.

My point precisely. The competition you quoted all have to raise their game and accrue points at a rate that is far above their performance since August. Not going to happen so we only need to reach 81 points. We will no doubt better that but the thread title is "how many points to win the league" - 81.

Pep did that with Bayern and regretted it as the club lost the momentum and couldn’t turn it on again in the CL. He said it was a mistake and he’d never do it gain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.