United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Sevilla will beat them. Sevilla is a cup team. Winning the EL 3 times in a row, so my hopes are intact. Knock on wood.

Seeing him at united I now think we our lucky he went to them. He does break attacks down.

And people got attacked here by saying this from the beginning. Its not just this. He seems to be one of those players disrupting the dressing room.

Jose's faithful mouthpiece Dunc has done his bit for his paymaster and it's not looking good for Poggy: http://www.arabnews.com/node/1246741/sports

Ego lies at the core of the complaint. The perception is that Pogba's importance to United is such the team should be set up to allow him to be its key protagonist. Sanchez's signing is said to have piqued that ego, Pogba's representative initially making noises over reports that the new arrival was to be paid more than his client; the player himself discontent he's had to take on defensive duties to accommodate the new forward in the starting line-up.

Conscious of the need to protect a fragile back four, Mourinho emphasises the importance of positional diligence. He sees a footballer with the physical and technical potential to dominate a midfield and will continue to encourage Pogba to express that potential for the benefit of his team.

At this level of football, playing for yourself is a self-defeating exercise. No matter how your club markets you.

Also a barely concealed dig at Woodward (as well as that last line above):
Woodward’s marketing department is extremely good at what it does. There can, however, be unexpected repercussions to selling shirts, merchandise and assorted “global”, “regional”, “media & telecommunications” and “financial” partnerships by hyping and trading on the images of star acquisitions.

So I think we can gather that Pogba wasn't really Mourinho's choice or, if he was, he's being hung out to dry by him. Most expensive player, manager and chief exec all at war. Lovely.

Jose's faithful mouthpiece Dunc has done his bit for his paymaster and it's not looking good for Poggy: http://www.arabnews.com/node/1246741/sports

Also a barely concealed dig at Woodward (as well as that last line above):

So I think we can gather that Pogba wasn't really Mourinho's choice or, if he was, he's being hung out to dry by him. Most expensive player, manager and chief exec all at war. Lovely.
He also had a dig at us and our "cosy" relationship with state sponsors.

I know Pogba is a bit of a nob and needs to wind his neck in but I have little sympathy for him. One thing he has got going for him is that his isn't Lingard!

He his playing for a nutcase of a manager who blames everyone, including the doctor, for anything bad at the club. He is now being lined up as the reason United are having a poor season and he really isnt the reason, the manager is. I wouldn't like to have to look at Mourinho's horrible, grumpy, face everyday at work!

Both is true. Pogba was never the type of player you build a team around. He is no Kevin De Bruyne you can rely on every week. He is a flair player. Watch him in the Luxemburg - France game. Its Pogba in a nutshell. While being 0-0 deep in the second half he is doing step over and other tricks instead of being the playmaker he was supposed to be.

Sanchez would be ten times better playing for City, as would Pogba for that matter, but currently he wouldn't get in City's squad, due to his Hollywood passing & lack of professionalism.

But for me, Sanchez was only ever being signed as a squad player & I never felt comfortable with it. Especially when it was linked to him replacing Aguero who is, & always has been, better than him.

As far as Utd signing him & Pogba, they are two highly rated players, as was Mick O Terryan. They don't have a plan, just to sign highly rated players & then figure out how to use them. Ibrahimovic being another example. How does he fit into a team plan ? He doesn't, just sign him & hope he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.