United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see how Guardiola changed De Bruyne's position which actually gave him more defensive responsibility and it made him a better player, I think Mourinho is trying to do the same thing with Pogba. I can see his point because there aren't many 6 foot 3, strong, athletic centre mids with the technical ability of Pogba. Problem is Pogba seems to have no interest in that and just wants a free role.

Toure (who I've seen Pogba compared to a few times) was criticised for not being great defensively and tracking back not being his favourite thing but we won the league twice with him in centre midfield of a 4-4-2 and a less defensive set up to the current United team so I'd say he did enough. Toure also protected himself from having to defend too much by controlling games so well which Pogba doesn't do, preferring hollywood passes

I have the impression that Pogba has proportionately longer legs and is more musclebound than Toure. Toure's gait is more shuffling in comparison with Pogba, with his knees kept lower, and that appears to allow him more control of his movement and position.

You're right that Toure could control the ball, whereas Pogba is (comparatively) kick-and-chase.

They're both big units, and tracking back quickly isn't going to be easy, but Toure learnt how to play at the back of midfield and/or defence; Pogba hasn't ever played there and isn't being given help on the pitch to learn there.

Not sure who would be willing to spend mega bucks on him but I think unfortunately he hasn't been average quite long enough to not pull the wool over at least one more clubs eyes. Raiola will be putting it all down to the rags being shit, Mourinhos fault, poor system, etc. Madrid will need a few big signing in the summer and I guess there's always PSG.

I would be surprised if Madrid came in for Pogbad. Uncle Flo has already ridiculed him and said they dodged a bullet there.

Selling an academy players for buttons, and buying him back for a fortune was hilarious. But if they then sell him again for a loss it might be more than I can stand.
Then buy him back again for twice as much as they sold him for when Mourinho fucks off? Sounds ridiculous but not impossible knowing them.

maybe im being a bit too cynical here, but does anybody else think that they just bought pogba and sanchez just to stop us from having them?
I do not think it was to stop us with Pogba as we were not interested anyway afaik. He was bought for the wrong reasons though, namely commercial. You would be hard pressed to find even utd fans that would agree he was 100% a Mourinho purchase. Woodward bought him on a brand/commercial basis with lip service paid to any other considerations like how he would fit in if at all. Sanchez was probably 2 birds with one stone, again the commercial stuff and the illusion of getting one over on us/prestige stuff. I do think Mourinho will have wanted him to though where as i think he sees Pogba as a problem he was lumped with.

I know Pogba is a bit of a nob and needs to wind his neck in but I have little sympathy for him. One thing he has got going for him is that his isn't Lingard!

He his playing for a nutcase of a manager who blames everyone, including the doctor, for anything bad at the club. He is now being lined up as the reason United are having a poor season and he really isnt the reason, the manager is. I wouldn't like to have to look at Mourinho's horrible, grumpy, face everyday at work!

Utd are getting left behind... There's a sea-change going on with english football now Peps methods have been proven. Liverpool have Klopp, spurs pochetino, and these guys are playing a better brand of football that wins.

Chelsea might make a move for a similar style manager, leaving Arsenal and Utd as the dinosaurs going backward, and Utd have spent £300m? going totally the opposite direction to where football is going in the next few years!
Totally . Lukakoo is just the centre forward version of mangala. Strange that one came from and the other has gone. They are both so limited

Oh deary me, he wants the system changed to accommodate him. That alone will make Mourinho bristle with rage. I am amazed he has only just clicked on that utd is a dead end but happy he has. Anything causing discontent their is welcome by me. Let alone it being their lord savior Paul Pogba being the issue. We have had a lot to laugh at with them these last few years. More than you could have wanted if that is possible but they still continue to give in buckets.

I wonder how this will end, not good for them ofc but to what end not good, one will have to go.

I was desperate for us to sign Sanchez whilst also agreeing with Arsenal fans that he would have disrupted our slick attacks. My view was that he was the kind of player that if you got the chance to sign up you just had to.

Seeing him at united I now think we were lucky he went to them. He does break attacks down.

He also loses 1 in 3 balls, which is hugely problematic against counter attacking teams.

Edit: were, not our.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.