Running

The world's leading anthropologists disagree.

Source?

They'd disagree that we were apex predators for a start. Do you think humans ever went and slept in the open Savannah without a care in the world akin to say Lions? No because unlike actual apex predators we'd have been worried we'd be eaten.

Source?

They'd disagree that we were apex predators for a start. Do you think humans ever went and slept in the open Savannah without a care in the world akin to say Lions? No because unlike actual apex predators we'd have been worried we'd be eaten.
Try Alice Roberts for a start.

We have pretty much the same body structure as homo erectus so we've been hunting down whatever we want for 2 million years, long before modern humans.

I'm sure our ancestors weren't stupid enough to sleep out in the open and unprotected. What apex predator would do such a thing?

Try Alice Roberts for a start.

We have pretty much the same body structure as homo erectus so we've been hunting down whatever we want for 2 million years, long before modern humans.

I'm sure our ancestors weren't stupid enough to sleep out in the open and unprotected. What apex predator would do such a thing?

Which piece of her work states that we were apex hunters because we hunted when the day was hottest(this argument can't be used as an umbrella argument anyway as we don't and didn't all live in arid enviroments) and not because we(homo sapiens) used our far superior communication skills vs any animal and other species of human too.

Lions do, because they were/are the apex predators of their ecosystems. They don't have to worry about being killed.

It's believed humans used to run prey down, just a war of attrition. The human body has the ability to cross huge distances especially in warmer climates. Some African tribes still hunt antelope this way just run after them until they fall down with heat exhaustion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which piece of her work states that we were apex hunters because we hunted when the day was hottest(this argument can't be used as an umbrella argument anyway as we don't and didn't all live in arid enviroments) and not because we(homo sapiens) used our far superior communication skills vs any animal and other species of human too.

Lions do, because they were/are the apex predators of their ecosystems. They don't have to worry about being killed.
If you think humans and our ancestors didn't live and evolve in a hot climate I think you need to read up a bit. Alternatively try Origins of Us (Roberts).

If you think humans and our ancestors didn't live and evolve in a hot climate I think you need to read up a bit. Alternatively try Origins of Us (Roberts).

I'm aware we all come from Africa..I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when you said Humans become apex predators and thought you might have been alluding to when humans started spreading out around the world(and in doing so caused a mass extinction) not when we were still fucking apes ffs. Humans were never apex though anyway so pot kettle black on the suggesting to do some reading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.