How many points to win the league?

We need 3 more wins but if one of them is the rags we only need 2
Am I a bit thick?
I keep seeing / hearing statements that we only need to win TWO more games to clinch the title.
To my mind mathematically we need THREE from the remaining 8 games - Rags have 65 and could get 89 IF they win their remaining games (8 x 3)
We have 81 points and need to equal or better their maximum of 89 - so (3 x 3) gives us 90 points
However IF we beat Everton and then the rags then it will be all over as we'll have 87 on that day and they can only get 86 till the end of the season

It is over 50 years since I passed GCE Maths so I could be wrong or missing something!!!!!!
If we beat the rags only need 6 points as they will have 3 points less .if we dont beat them then we need to win 3 games .hope that helps as i nearly confused myself lol

One game at a time. Beat Everton, and then the players will know they can be champions against the rags. Unbelievable to think it's currently March 13th

Waiting for someone to express how nervous they are now that United can afford to focus more on the league.

And we can simply afford to play the kids and focus on the QF ties around the game against them ... let them focus on coming second, lol ... would probably be more humiliating (for them) for us to start 3-4 kids and bravo against them, the result matters for nothing in that game to us ... in the bigger scheme of things ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.