Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

Well its part the wrong club at the wrong time, but also down to him. You can be as talented as you like, you still need to want it.

Like moreno, you have to take the opportunity or you'll end up on half a dozen loans and failing. I dont know how many opportunities or chances city are meant to give these youngsters before people get off their back.

Well a couple are getting reasonable expeience under Pep now. The rest, for most of the last two managers before Pep, were at the wrong club imo.

This kind of situation where a kid suddenly becomes an entity by getting football is a typical example of how it works imo. Rashford is another.

Somehow we have to bridge this gap, partially with Pep giving more kids game time & partially by finding a way of making sure our kids get loans at the right clubs who suit their style & will play them & that if they do well, we will give them a shot.

Otherwise Sancho, Bobby Duncan etc will become the normal outcome rather than it being unusual.

Well a couple are getting reasonable expeience under Pep now. The rest, for most of the last two managers before Pep, were at the wrong club imo.

This kind of situation where a kid suddenly becomes an entity by getting football is a typical example of how it works imo. Rashford is another.

Somehow we have to bridge this gap, partially with Pep giving more kids game time & partially by finding a way of making sure our kids get loans at the right clubs who suit their style & will play them & that if they do well, we will give them a shot.

Otherwise Sancho, Bobby Duncan etc will become the normal outcome rather than it being unusual.

they will be the normal by the sheer number of players coming through the Group.

so? you've got to get it mentally or less talented players will trump you

I don't understand what that means, but I'm just making the point, that unless we improve our ratio of players getting through to some game time in the first team, either via good quality loans or by the route Foden & Diaz are now taking, we will lose many of the 'best' academy players. Which then makes it pretty much irrelevant.

Right now, that might seem unimportant, but when average players cost 100 mil & UEFA limit the transfer spending, it will suddenly become very important indeed.

And don't be surprised if all kind os shenanigans occur once brexit kicks in.

De ligt, ndombele, sessigon and Leon Bailey and I'm ecstatic. Even if we leave de ligt and sessigon at their clubs on 1 year loan. That would be our squad pretty much for 5-10 years sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.