Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we turn up tonight then i think over the 2 legs we'll beat them and win well but there's still that nagging doubt as to whether we'll turn up.

Just heard we don't concede early. Hopefully we can take the sting out of the game by keeping possession and frustrating them in the early stages.

Great news but I've not seen that anywhere. All I can see in the media is blah blah about salah, famous front three, atmosphere, klippity has it over pep, etc

Anyone think Sterling will play? As per every time we play there, their full backs will target him hard to get the crowd going and he often goes into his shell a bit. Hopefully if he does start the referee will be stricter than our PL friends and put a marker down early doors that you can't just clatter into him at every opportunity.

If he does start, I will absolutely love it if he scores to silence the crowd - he deserves it after the season he's had. Somehow can't see him doing the non-celebration celebration.

I think if they see our team sheet and Sterling's name isn't on it then it will be a major psychological gift to Liverpool. "Look lads, Sterling's too scared to play us."

They also rely on being clinical. They were exceptionally clinical in that second half against us.

Against United, for instance, not so much. Depends if their forward line put the chances away for once. Sometimes they have an off day when the pressure's on.

Tbf, City's conversion rate is top of the league 2017/18:

.............................shots at goal............goals.................conversion rate

1. Man City..................421.........................88................................20.9%
4. LFC.........................396.........................75.................................18.9%

In January:
LFC.............................7..............................4
City..............................4.............................3

Today we will have several upgrades on our side, I do expect more shots at goal for City.

Looking at the teams, I would say we have to beat Anfield, not LFC.
If we want to step up to the top club level, we have to manage those conditions.
Having a good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.