Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays into the hands of long ball opposition. Play hoofball up to their front 3 against 3 man defence with their midfield providing support.
Liverpool midfield would be on front foot.
Our midfield then have to turn back to support defence and likely to be behind the play.
Danger is that front 4 have to turn and drop back to support getting the ball.
Pep loves midfielders so cannot see him going 4 man attack. Games are won/lost in midfield.
433 picks itself, vinny and laporte centre backs.

And whoever plays left back, repeat after me,
"Salah loves to cut inside,
show him outside.
Keep him on his right foot,
stop him crossing the ball"

And whoever is nearest LB drop back to support him against Salah.

3-0 full time. Win on penalties.
Or give him a first tackle to remember. Well worth taking a yellow for imo.

we have to make them panic, we have to score early

I remember the Hamburg game. An early goal was needed, but wasn't it Hamburg that got it? I think no matter what kind of football is served up, no matter what kind of mother of all batterings the Dippers might get, no matter that the entire City team put on their own individual match of the season, no matter that the tie is well and truly alive with the second half all to play for, no matter that the Dippers' asthma medication has been left behind, we are gonna get shafted one way or the other.

I think I was the first to forecast the score in the MatchDayApp. I put 5-0 with a Raheem hat trick! It was showing that a 5-0 was shared by 100%! I was gonna put 11-0 but yer can't have double figures!

The worst thing we can do is to stop going for it, even if we concede or are three goals up without reply.

Extra time would be a killer for us in terms of legs and the away goal threat.

The more we score, the more we change the dynamic and remove the away goals threat.

Imagine being 4-0 up and then trying to put a lid on it - that's when you invite pressure and the margin for error.

And that's where Uefa's placeman, Señor Lahoz, earns his tapas!

The worst thing we can do is to stop going for it, even if we concede or are three goals up without reply.

Extra time would be a killer for us in terms of legs and the away goal threat.

The more we score, the more we change the dynamic and remove the away goals threat.

Imagine being 4-0 up and then trying to put a lid on it - that's when you invite pressure and the margin for error.
It's a game of nerves tonight. They'll be crapping themselves when we score the first. If we go 3 up it all changes round again and we start worrying about the away goal. I agree, just go for it and see what happens. Let them do the worrying.

First half is more important imo, they will try to kill us off early, get to half time without conceding and having scored then they could easily wobble. Second half always goes so quickly when you have a mountain to climb so need to get halfway there by halftime then who knows. If we fail then learn and move on, get the league won, then make sure to rub any scouse/rag noses in the fact we are the best, because overall there is no doubt about that this season. Ctid.

The killer goals in the 5-0 game (first and third) came by playing incisive balls on the deck that turned the Liverpool defence and allowed Aguero to exploit his burst of pace. We need to fashion similar such chances. We played more through the middle in the first half on Saturday but then reverted to playing for width again.

It's a game of nerves tonight. They'll be crapping themselves when we score the first. If we go 3 up it all changes round again and we start worrying about the away goal. I agree, just go for it and see what happens. Let them do the worrying.

Personally, I would rather we went down fighting and we won 5-2 than went out winning 3-1.

Come on City, the dippers in work are all cocky as fcuk and reckon they'll walk it and win by 2 or 3 goals tonight.
They and the Utd fans all reckon we've been found out and Pep is a busted flush.
The fans of other clubs ( Villa, Birmingham, WBA and Wolves) all want us to smash the Scousers.
Lets fcuking smash them ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.